Outlaw RR2150 - Is there a better receiver?

Thinking about a new RR2150 for amp and tuner combined.

Is there anything else near this price point ($700) I should consider...new or used? Would an older (Sony?, Marantz? Rotel?) suit me just as well?

95% of time will only need amp and tuner sections, so other R2150 features simply nice to have...The RR2150 seems to be hard to find used.

Thanks!

plresults
plresults
Sorry for my somewhat misleading post, guys. looking back at it, I should have said I like the NAD themost out of the stereo receivers I've heard. I haven't heard the Outlaw receiver. I have heard their mono block amps and wasn't much impressed if that's worth anything. They sounded pretty good for home theater, but just didn't do much for me for music. A bit dull and grainy sounding to my ears.

Not sure about model numbers..

The last Marantz stereo receiver I heard was current about 2 years ago. Not sure if it's been updated or not. It sounded overly warm and smooth. Bass was a bit mushy, and the highs were rolled off. The mids were pretty good.

The Rotel receiver was the less expensive one - they had a large one that looked like their AVR and a small one, which was cheaper. I looked on their website and can't find any stereo receivers, so I'm not sure if they have them any more. It sounded pretty good. A tad bright, but no more so than typical Rotel.

The NAD 725BEE is a 325BEE with a tuner and a few other features thrown in. I couldn't hear a difference between the two side by side. Its a bit warm, but punchy and engaging. It's no Mira 3 IMO, but none of these will be.

Denon makes a pretty decent sounding receiver too. There's a few models, and I've heard the about $500 or so one. I think the difference between them is features, but I could be wrong. If your speakers are lower impedence, I'd pass on Denon. As a brand they've got a tendency to struggle with 4 ohm speakers.

Harmon Kardon makes a good receiver too. I haven't heard the latest, but they've traditionally been pretty good. I'd take an NAD over them, but they're another option.

The Onkyo and Yamaha stereo receivers are junk. Stay away.

I don't know your speakers and how loud you're planning on going. That's a big determining factor IMO. My old 320BEE drove my 6 ohm PSB T55s to pretty loud levels without any problems in a room about the size of yours. The 326BEE is an updated version.

Just my observations/opinions.

If you want to keep things very simple and feature packed, have you looked into a Peachtree unit? Not sure about what the various units go for second hand, and which would match up best due to not knowing your speakers' demands. But add a streamer to it and you've got a very convenient system that doesn't need any physical media.
Just to add...

The Peachtree iDecco will allow you to connect an iPod and access it's digital stream.
I've read good things about the Outlaw RR2150 and was curious about it but I have the Outlaw Audio M2200 monoblocks and when I used them as 2 channel music playback I found my experience similar to that of Kbarkamian. I found them a bit dull and grainy along with some harshness sprinkled in. I hope it is different for the RR2150.

I've heard the Harmon Kardon HK3490 receiver and that sounded a bit warm. I'd give that receiver a try. How about going with a vintage Marantz receiver? Something that has recently been gone over by a tech or rebuilt.

Good luck
@all of you: First, thank you. I appreciate the help. Questions:

- grainy -- I somewhat understand intuitively what that might sound like. What is your definition of a receiver sounding "warm". How about definition of other commonly used terms to describe sound?
- some observations: Rotel doesn't appear to make or have made any time recently a two channel receiver. Which old Marantz or other (Stereotech? Pioneer? HK?) would suit me?
- I have not been able to find a link to an HK 490 or 3490 that peeps keep referring to?
- does anyone know of a source for used Outlaw equipment besides this site or the Outlaw site ... as neither are turning up anything as "used" Thanks if you know of such a site...