Thoughts about Jadis and Harbeth

I recently acquired some beautiful Harbeth Compact 7 through a good dealer. Currently I am using a Pioneer AVR, VSX-53 as my amp and using Nvidia Shield to play Tidal etc. While it sounds pretty good, obviously I can get way better. 

My dealer like Jadis and I heard them briefly and they do sound great paired with the Harbeth. It has been suggested I go with a jadis orchestra reference. Anyone have experiences with it and thoughts about the match up. I listen to everything really, and my budget at least where I'd like to keep it is 4k.

That doesn't leave a lot of room as I need to update my source. I have no problem paying that for that amp as it is very high quality. I also considered the Rouge II/III as an option as well. I also considered Luxman and a few integrated class d options. Like the NAD m10 as it basically checks off mostly everything for me, and is way cheaper then the less powerful Naim Unity line. If you cant tell I like the display options of these two devices, NAD seems like it would be a good option and use pre outs to Jadis. The only problem it has no HT bypass and that a bit annoying, as I'd like to continue to use AVR for tv. Not sure if using the preout would allow the sub to still work. 

Sorry for the long read, just looking for a little help to get me pointed in the right direction. I wouldn't say im new to the hobby, but in a good place to start buying better equipment and moving away from the HT mode I've been in for years. 
128x128vatoman
Have to agree with noromance. the Jadis stuff looks great sounds ok until you get into the much more expensive gear and the fit and finish was never their standpoint.

For your price range we would recommend a remarkable solid state intergrated which has a fantastic built in dac, the Micromega M100.

This compact intergratrated has a very tube like sound, and has an unmatched feature set:

100 watt class A/B amplifier
Built in dac that does PCMP 768 and DSD 512
Spotify, Tidal, Obuzz built in
Apple Airplay
Phono stage
Headphone stage
Optional room correction.
slim and compact.

The Micromega M100 has a very warm punchy sound and has excellent bass control. It would mate beautifully with the Harbeths.

In our shop this is our favorite integrated for the money and we sell the Naim, and Anthem and NAD M32 intergrateds as well.

This review sums it up:

It wasn’t just the richness and depth of the bass, but the incredible level of detail—such as hearing the sound of the pick hitting the strings just before I heard the note of the string itself, not to mention the lovely high-frequency response: sweet, airy, extended… and more gorgeous than I’ve ever heard it sound on CD. After seriously surprising myself that I was so happy with the M-100’s performance with black vinyl, I then slowly worked through listening to all its digital inputs, a process which necessarily including evaluating everything from various streaming services right up to the latest high-res formats, and found that the longer I listened to the M-100, and the more inputs I evaluated, the more impressed I became by its performance: This is one seriously cool component! (Well not totally cool, the case could become warm despite the fan… which I could hear up close when no music was playing, but not from my listening position, and never when the music was playing.) And speaking of streaming, that process seemed to continue even when I switched to listen to a different input, so make sure you stop it when you’re not listening if you don’t want to consume bandwidth.

Listening to Takatukas’ ‘Red Blood’, which seemed appropriate given the M-100’s heritage, the M-100 delivered the wild roller-coaster-ride of sound for which the band is famous, from the trademark machine-gun drumming of Bruno Mellier to the screaming, almost ear-piercing lead guitar shredding of Gerald Ozga. It kicks in from the opener Paranoiaque/hypochondriaque and keeps the excitement through all 15 tracks to Ras Kouyon. The slam and tone of Nicolas Vitry’s bass is a constant delight as well.

I was able to confirm that the M-100’s performance was totally consistent across all the inputs using my library of cuts that are identical except for format, many of which are sourced from Soundkeeper Recordings. The M-100 delivered consistently silent backgrounds, extraordinary dynamics and excelled at maintaining ruthlessly accurate tonality irrespective of music genre.

Conclusion

As ‘all in one’ components become increasingly common, manufacturers are pulling out all the stops to make sure their products stand out. Micromega has pulled out so many stops building the M-100 that you have to peer upwards to see it (literally, if you wall-mount it). Brilliantly designed, lovely-sounding, able to be optioned-up and/or upgraded and, thanks to the MCF customisation on offer, it can be as beautiful as your heart’s desire. Magnifique! # Jules Larkin

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/hi-fi/micromega-m-100-amplifier-review-test-512349

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Micromega Dealers
I am not a fan of any tube amplifier with Harbeth’s though many use tubes and like what they hear. In my opinion you will never hear what the Harbeth’s are capable of with any tube amp that I’ve heard. Alan Shaw uses Quad amps to voice his speakers so you might want to start there. They make separates as well as an all-in-one called the Artera Solus which sounds great with Harbeth speakers. I use an Aesthetix Mimas with my Super HL5+ and previously used an Ayre AX-7e with great success. I have owned Quicksilver V4’s and Silver 88’s and though they were great with my Vandersteen speakers they just sounded dull and boring with my SHL5+. Btw, that is not indicative of the wonderful Quicksilver sound.

i have read a review of the new Parasound Halo integrated amp and from what I read might be a good fit for your needs as well. If you can find a Quad dealer you should go and listen to their stuff though. The match with Harbeth is well known.
I used a Luxman 505ux with great success with my Harbeth SHL5s. I tried other amps including a Primaluma HP and Ayre but the Luxman shined. 
I have heard a used Jadis Orchestra before.  I think it was around 40wpc?  Would that be enough to truly power your Harbeths?  The amp really does sound pretty special although I couldn't comment on their reliability.
I think a Rogue Spinx might be a good match with those Harbeths! SS/Tubed hybrid...Fremer visited a show where thay were drving the M30.1’s via the sphinx. He said they switched out some higher priced gear and drove them temporarily with the rogue sphinx. His reaction was that he would never have guessed it if he was not told. Alan Shaw of Harbeth has made mention that he feels a higher powered amp is a good thing when it comes to the reserve power on hand for when the music demands it. The Sphinx puts out 100 watts/8 ohm, but 200 watts into a 4 ohm load! There is a stereophile review on it, although the review covers the v1 version. The V2 has less noise and some minor improvements overall.