preamp for classe ca200

What is a good preamp match for a pair of classe ca200s ?
cortw
I just purchased a used Bat Vk3i to my Classe amp Ca400, it sounds very sweet, and you can do tube rolling to adjust the sound that you like. You can find used one under $1000, I think it will match well with CA200. Good luck.
I would go for a classe pre amp.
Like the CP47.5 or the 65.
That would be a great combination.
hi all
just to let you know I ended going with a bel canto pre1 .
wonderful wunderful preamp . a good choice for classes if
you really like the ss sound .
ARC LS-3 was really nice & cheap to boot....I used one for years w/a Classe CA200 although the pre has a high gain so you don't need to crank it up much.
Cortw, very wise choice although some of the above mentioned preamps are excellent as well. The Bel Canto Pre 1 is considered by some owners as their reference preamp. I am currently looking to buy one myself.
the one major thing I got to say about the bel canto pre1
is that what ever grain there was in your system has disappeared . very clean sound . also a very nice machined
aluminum remote .
i used the classe 47.5 in the past but moved up to the cp-60 with internal phono and external power supply. big step up in sound quality with more options
i used the classe 47.5 in the past but moved up to the cp-60 with internal phono and external power supply. big step up in sound quality with more options
Re the Bel Canto Pre1: I believe this is an under appreciated gem, especially considering its used price on Audiogon. Try it with 3 Black Diamond Racing Cones beneath and a Harmonic Technology damping block on top. Also, the Analysis Plus Power Oval 2 is a great match for this preamp. My Pre1 drives a pair of Manley Mahi tubed monoblocks and gives superb, lifelike sound.
One more vote for Audio Research LS-3. (I think this was a Stereophile Class A rated pre) That is what I use with my Classe Fifteen. I have also tried preamps from Classe, Krell and ML and though the ARC sounded better AND cost allot less. Classe's own preamps sounded very dark, compressed, and lost allot of details.I find the LS3's sound much better than any Classe preamp from the same time period. ARC's pre sounds live, tonally balanced, transparent, with lots of "bight to the brass".
The VTL 2.5 is a great sonic and aesthetic match to the CA200. I’ve paired them up to drive Vandersteen 2Signatures for years and totally happy with the result. Very synergistic pair! Classe’s own CP50 from the same period is a good SS alternative. I tried an ARC SP14 briefly but it was not as good as the VTL or Classe.