New in 2018

As we enter this new year which hot releases or cool remasters / re-issues are you ready to purchase?
jafant
bdp24Right On!  no doubt the big music business machine will keep churning in 2019. A new year, new possibilities, I always say.
As I just posted on slaws related thread, though I haven’t heard a word about it, I sure hope Capitol Records reprises 2018’s deluxe boxset reissue of The Bands majestic 1968 masterpiece Music from Big Pink with the same for their 1969 follow-up, the more homespun, downhome, self-titled ("brown") album. A perfect record (as is MFBP)!
Thank You All for your submissions on this thread. Another excellent year filled with new releases and re-issues (especially for us Jazz Hounds).
I already bought it, Nordub. 
Its title Sly and Robbie meet Nils Petter Molvear. Its Reggae trip hop.
Only a few days left prior to closing out 2018. It has been another banner year for New releases, re-issues and Boxed sets.  Happy Listening!
Guys-
several 50th Anniversary Editions of our fave albums out there now.
Grab them while you can!  Happy Listening!
Just saw Eric Clapton "Behind the Sun" being re-mastered by BG on dbl vinyl @ 45rpm. I suspect this will be THE copy to own.
Post removed 
slaw,

Nice! set.  I own the 4-cd set that is an older boxed set. Sounds excellent.

Happy Listening!
Thanks jafant.

Gregory Alan Isakov
Ten Years After "Live at the Fillmore East" /on vinyl
slaw

Good to see you. I picked up this multi-CD set to include the historical Cornell '77 offerings.  This set is excellent to my ears. I do not have an old bootleg recording for a direct comparison. Some Dead Heads are still in that particular camp.  I also have a Dick's Dave's Picks thread here in the Music category.  It has a following from older GD Fans, Heads that may be able to shine a light on your query.

I am a GD fan indeed. I own several of these newer boxed sets featuring the Plangent HDCD Process.  I dig the Plangent technology while others do not.  To my ears there are no bad GD recordings, releases.

Check out Dead.net and its forums section.  There are hardcore GD experts who own those old bootlegs and actually went to most of the shows since 1965.

Happy Listening!
Hey @jafant ,

I was surprised that, to my knowledge, no one has posted regarding their experiences with "Cornell ’77". I admit I’m a late bloomer with GD but since this set seemed to have such anticipation, I thought more posts would be forthcoming?

Anyway, I’ve listened to sides 1&2 and I find it very enjoyable! Given the way it was recorded, even more special. Your thoughts?

………………………………………………………

Tony Joe White
Amy Helm
This just in;Charles Mingus - The Lost Tapes: Live in Detroit 5-CD/5-LP set from 1973due in November.
slaw-

Good to see you. I own all of Lenny's works on CD. Also, I have The Grateful Dead '77 boxed set that finally features "Cornell".

Happy Listening!
I've got Lenny Kravitz "5" first time on vinyl on order

BTW: I don't think anyone mentioned Grateful Dead "Cornell '77" yet.
After the Soundstage Direct fiasco, I finally got a copy and most likely will play it soon.
Any of you guys excited about 50th Anniversaries on;
The Band - Music from big Pink ?
The Beatles - The White Album ?
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland ?
As always, Blu-Ray/CD and Blu-Ray/Vinyl packages are offered.
Happy Listening!
8 disc REM boxset- Live at the BBC coming out in October. All unreleased live sets. 
Here is an interesting one- Yes- Fly From Here- Return Trip. This album is a rerecording of the original Fly From Here released in 2004. The 2018 version features the Yes line up from 1980 including Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes. This version of Yes released the Drama album in 1982. I have been a Yes fan for a long time and have always appreciated their musicianship. Jon Anderson has the voice of an angel. I remember, when they released Drama, thinking that the band would never be the same without Anderson. I was actually pleasantly surprised that Drama was pretty good. It took the addition of 2 vocalists to replace Anderson, but the song writing was top notch and Drama became an often overlooked classic. When Fly From Here was released in 2004, I remember reading about it, but the new vocalist David Benoit didn't really hold my attention. Obviously, Steve Howe, Alan White, and Chris Squire felt the same way because in 2017 they approached Horn to redo the album with him singing the lead vocals. The result is a much tighter production along the lines of the Drama album. The only reason I write this rather long review is that this is the last recording by Chris Squire. When you listen to his bass line and supporting vocals on songs that he co-wrote with Horn and Downes, you appreciate what a fine musician and overall contributor to Yes Squire was. This is a hard disc to find, but well worth it if you are a Yes fan. Chris Squire was one of the greatest rock bass players of all time. 
Good to see you- slaw
I like Amanda Shires as well. I may pick up the "Music" cd set later in the Fall.  There are some excellent releases headed our way!
@jafant

Mine will arrive tomorrow. ( just the 2/lp set)

BTW, I listened to the new Amanda Shires...I like it.