New in 2018

As we enter this new year which hot releases or cool remasters / re-issues are you ready to purchase?
jafant
Hey @jafant ,

I was surprised that, to my knowledge, no one has posted regarding their experiences with "Cornell ’77". I admit I’m a late bloomer with GD but since this set seemed to have such anticipation, I thought more posts would be forthcoming?

Anyway, I’ve listened to sides 1&2 and I find it very enjoyable! Given the way it was recorded, even more special. Your thoughts?

………………………………………………………

Tony Joe White
Amy Helm
slaw

Good to see you. I picked up this multi-CD set to include the historical Cornell '77 offerings.  This set is excellent to my ears. I do not have an old bootleg recording for a direct comparison. Some Dead Heads are still in that particular camp.  I also have a Dick's Dave's Picks thread here in the Music category.  It has a following from older GD Fans, Heads that may be able to shine a light on your query.

I am a GD fan indeed. I own several of these newer boxed sets featuring the Plangent HDCD Process.  I dig the Plangent technology while others do not.  To my ears there are no bad GD recordings, releases.

Check out Dead.net and its forums section.  There are hardcore GD experts who own those old bootlegs and actually went to most of the shows since 1965.

Happy Listening!