New in 2018

As we enter this new year which hot releases or cool remasters / re-issues are you ready to purchase?
jafant
Dire Straits - Dire  Straits mfsl  sacd
Richard Thompson - Rumor and Sigh mfsl sacd
Very nice! I am ready to get experienced;
Jimi Hendrix - Are you Experienced? sacd

@thepigdog   Wow!  That Dire Straits disc should be great.  I have the original Japanese pressing of the album on vinyl and the sound quality and PRAT are terrific.  Can't listen to it without tapping your feet!  Wonderfully crafted songs as well.  Knopfler off to a great start.  Enjoy!
Can't wait for my lp of Glen Hansard  "Between Two Shores" to arrive next week!

Metallica "And justice for All" turns 30 this year. I am hoping for a super deluxe boxed set. This was the album where I started w/ this band.

Happy Listening!

iron57-

it is going to be interesting for sure. I only know my 1988 CD.

Happy Listening!

I am really enjoying the new Wolf Alice album "Visions of a Life". Sometimes they sound like the Cranberries, sometimes they sound like the Pretenders or even My Bloody Valentine, but mostly, they are very original. Wolf Alice is a great British post punk band. Visions is stronger than their first album and I think these guys are just going to get better and better over time as long as their success doesn't go to their heads. So far, their attitude seems pretty grounded as they poke fun at the world around them.

Miles Davis Bootleg Series Vol. 6

Miles and Trane Last Concert 1960 due in March.

I have also been enjoying Big Big Train's "Grimspound" which was named asThe Prog Report's best album of 2017. If you like early Genesis, Jethro Tull, Yes, and the prog genre in general you will like this. Well thought out songs and excellent musicianship. Sounds fantastic on my Maggies.
Jason Molina  "Travels in Constants"  

If your a fan like me (!!!) this is a no-brainer. Most likely very limited on vinyl.

For us Deadheads,

The Best of The Grateful Dead Live (2) CD set drops in March.

Happy Listening!

Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio - "Close But No Cigar"

Funky Organ Soul Jazz.......
@slaw Don't know if it was you who introduced me to Glen Hansard, but I'm glad to whomever did. His 'Between Two Shores' lp has been wonderful in the new playlist.
@simao ,

It was most likely me. And I could not be happier that you were so moved as to write those words!

@jafant ,

I have her new lp in my pile of (waiting to clean and listen). Thank you!
@simao ,

Your post inspired me to pull it out again for enjoyment. Thank you.
@wmbode ,

I have that (set) in house..waiting to go through all of my recent purchases......!