Kimber KS 3035 vs Nordost Valhalla speaker cables

Any thought on sound of these cables.I have heard Kimber KS 3035 and was stunned with the improvment over my Vecteur cables.What about Nordost Valhalla,is it better cable then Komber or just matter of preference?
128x128mikedimitrov
Both are well-made, and how they will perform will depend upon which amplifier and which speakers they are used with (i.e., sometimes the Kimber will sound better and sometimes the Nordost will sound better). Unfortunately, the only way to determine which will work best for you is to try both in your system.

The silver conductor in the Kimber takes a very long time to break in and does not sound right until full break-in is completed (1,000 hours - I used 3038 and 1030 interconnects for four years), so you need to make sure that the cable is fully broken in before you use it.
I used Kimber 3035's for a couple of years and just never really liked them - too laid back between my Mcintosh 501's and Thiels. Maybe a synergy and personal preference thing, YMMV. I have not heard the Valhalla's.
I prefer the Valhalla. It may be a bit thinner in body and drier in the highs but imaging is much sharper than the Kimbers.
My question is actually kimber 3038 vs Valhalla speaker cables.

My cj pre , amps and sonus Faber strads are velvety smooth and have excellent bass weight

I currently own kimber 3033. They are very good, however I now want a speaker cables that is faster, more extended in the high frequencies, tighter bass and more transparent. Not much to expect right.

I own a couple of Valhalla ic's now and they are fantastic, however they could be seen as a little dry and as much air as some. Is the Valhalla speaker cable similar? From what I have read the speaker cables are better than the Valhalla ic's?
I will be buying s/h.

Any opinions gents?

..just for the Halibut....try Anti=Cables. They are VERY inexpensive, but surprisingly excellent. They have a money back guarantee if you don't like them. Let them break in for a couple of weeks for their ultimate sound, but you should be able to get a very good idea if you like them or not at installation.
sorry but the anti cables are not anywhere near the same league as the Kimbers or Nordosts, and I am being polite.
Hello Mike,

The Valhalla interconnects and speaker cable combo is pretty magical IMO. I'd say if you like what the Valhalla interconnects did for your system your going to absolutely flip when you put in the speaker cables.

best,
Tom
If you don't at least try those Anti-Cables you really don't know what you are talking about. I had top of the line Audioquest, Kimbers,Nordost, Purist, Cardas...you name it and Anti-Cables were the best in MY system. Audioquest Sky/Everest came in second. Spending a lot of money does NOT mean the cables sound better...only that you buy into audio jewelry...and I am being polite.
True story. I work part time at a dealer who sold a pair of vandersteen 2ci speakers to a customer, he called back after a couple of days complaining that the speakers must be damaged, they sounded broken, he said. we told him to break in the speakers more, they are not broken. after a couple more weeks he called up convinced that they had shipping damage, because they did not sound good, he brought them back to the store, They sounded great. Must be a problem with something else in your system, we told him, bring in the rest of your gear and we will listen to it at the store. he did, and the problem turned out to be his anticable speaker cables, easily the worst sounding speaker cables I have ever heard,It made his system sound broken, he ended up buying kimbers, problem solved. He was shocked [and so were we] just how bad the anticables were interacting with his system, I call it Anti-synergy.
IMO Valhalla speaker cable are probably a better match with tube amps. When I had them in my system, they leaned out the mid bass and pushed the treble out ( not meaning bright) too much. MIT are a superior match for my amps and speakers. I still use Valhalla IC's. As other's have said, it all depends on amp speaker synergies.
@ csng1, Your 6-8-13 post had me laughing out of my chair!, I love the context that made your point! cheers!
Read my review:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?fcabl&1365764680&openmine&zzBo1972&4&5#Bo1972

I owned the valhalla for over 12 years and I sold them as well. I still sell Kimber. There both fine, but in technique there both old. I know them very well all two. Audioquest is superior in blacks, timing, sound, individual focus. both don't even come close to the new 2013 Redwood from Audioquest.