Duelund CAST silver a $50,000 Upgrade?

Duelund CAST silver Capicitor upgrade 50K??
I've ordered some speakers and asked about upgrading to Deulund's silver foil CAST capacitor and inductor a listed option on my speaker. dc10audio got back to me with 50K $50,000.00 dollars extra over the copper that's already included in my speaker!!

How the hell is that even possible?? And if I could and I can't afford the extra would it be worth it? Am I going to see Jesus with the silver or what?

Steve
berkelyaudiogeek
looks like I found Mountain High.

He's back to bashing Wilson audio. Asia guy? same writing style, same mode of operation. He's not touting dc10audio anymore just bashing others.

Read: Sound Familiar?

03-29-13: Bo1972
I have been about 6 times at clients with Wilson Audio speakers. they had one thing in common. They had a lot of acoustic problems. Some music you even could not play. They say Wilson make very fast speakers in respons. To be honest I don't think so. Wenn timing is better with speakers you get less acoustic problems. I sold my Pass Labs XA100.5 to a client with Puppy 7 speakers. To be honest it was quite good. Most times I listend to Wilson speakers I would not even want them for free in my room. Because I prefer en deeper and wider stage first. And second instruments and voices need to be extreemly sharp focussed and in the right proportion. This is a part were Wilson is not as it's best. With many amps Wilson speakers sound lean and far from musical. And yess then you need tube to make it sound acceptable.
Bo1972 (Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Mundorfs silver sound like crap if you switch to duelund CAST !!! i have used mundorfs alot...than i switch to a pair of duelund in the crossover...after that i modify everything with duelund everywhere
The Duelund CAST silver is extraordinarily expensive and the only advantage to me over the CAST pure copper is that you can tell people that your capacitors cost more than their mid-line car which might be fun at parties..Not!

Q
Bypass?
We are talking about state-of-the-art crossover components so you bypass with what?

The silver CAST is a price is NO object option and for some that's the option they choose. If your amplifiers cost 250K+ per pair the silver CAST might make sense.

Note: The 20mF caps are huge and some of the largest Duelund has ever made in silver.

Q
I wonder why many folks got burned out on high end audio due to feeling it was more about fads, fashion, huge profit margins, voodoo, snob appeal, and imagined differences between tweaks and mods.

I don't know why that thought just popped into my head after reading this thread.
Does this cap upgrade change the sonic signature of the speaker? or is it just a complimentery cap to the original spekers sound signature?
It does not change the basic sonics or physics of the speaker.

The Duelund CAST copper and the Jupiter stacked beeswax paper caps are all so natural sounding the only benefit might be cerebral..However; We have not actually done blind tests in our loudspeakers comparing copper CAST vs the silver CAST if we did perhaps we would find the silver slightly more detailed.

Fredrick at Duelund seems to think this is the case.

Q

From what I've researched thus far apparently Unlike Mundorf and other ploy caps the Duelund CAST uses no poly or plastic and greatly reduces that overly bright and sometimes harsh sound and replaces it with an open fast but not harsh sound like the cap isn't even there..magic! I can't wait to actually experience them myself.

These are used in a lot of high end commercial and DIY speakers.

https://jupitercondenser.com/collections/audio-capacitors/paper-wax-foil