Duelund CAST silver a $50,000 Upgrade?

Duelund CAST silver Capicitor upgrade 50K??
I've ordered some speakers and asked about upgrading to Deulund's silver foil CAST capacitor and inductor a listed option on my speaker. dc10audio got back to me with 50K $50,000.00 dollars extra over the copper that's already included in my speaker!!

How the hell is that even possible?? And if I could and I can't afford the extra would it be worth it? Am I going to see Jesus with the silver or what?

Steve
berkelyaudiogeek
The Duelund CAST silver is extraordinarily expensive and the only advantage to me over the CAST pure copper is that you can tell people that your capacitors cost more than their mid-line car which might be fun at parties..Not!

Q
Bypass?
We are talking about state-of-the-art crossover components so you bypass with what?

The silver CAST is a price is NO object option and for some that's the option they choose. If your amplifiers cost 250K+ per pair the silver CAST might make sense.

Note: The 20mF caps are huge and some of the largest Duelund has ever made in silver.

Q
I wonder why many folks got burned out on high end audio due to feeling it was more about fads, fashion, huge profit margins, voodoo, snob appeal, and imagined differences between tweaks and mods.

I don't know why that thought just popped into my head after reading this thread.
Does this cap upgrade change the sonic signature of the speaker? or is it just a complimentery cap to the original spekers sound signature?