What do you do when you listen to music?

An Audiophile friend of mine surprised me when he said he listens to music for 2-3 hours per day.
And when he says "Listen" he means that he actively listens; just sits and listens.

Does not read, does not thumb through magazines... Just listens in the "sweet spot" in his living room and becomes immersed in the music.

I NEVER do that. But then I am not an Audiophile (yet).
What do you do when you listen to music?
hdomke
I also listen while in the Garage, at the office, in the Shower, cooking and BBQing as I installed music systems in all of those locations too. Vintage receivers and Linn Classics make great systems. My Carver receiver in the garage Rocks for about $200.00 I have a HK CD player with a dual Bur-brown converter chip that someone put it the trash It is a great unit(when they work) that can be purchased for about $50-75.00. I also hooked up the ipod to the Carver with the cable.
the only thing i try to do sometimes is focus my eyes on a spot on the wall which is "dead center" between the speakers. this enables me to aurally focus on the 1. stereo image 2. the soundstage. but after a few minutes i just "go back to" listening to the music and i am most likely no longer "sitting up straight and at attention". i am still surrounded by subtle details in the recording and paying attention to the composition and the performance, but much less to where the sound is emanating from. i used to read equipment reviews but i gave up that bad habit several years ago!
high rar1:

a good stereo system should be able to putbyou to sleep.
could you describe the components in your stereo system ?

thanks
Hi Mr. Tennis:

My main system consists of the following:

Musical Fidelity CD PRE 24 preamp/cd player
Prima Luna Prologue 5 tube power amp
Opera Platea floorstanding speakers

interconnects: Ixos Silver Gamma silver/copper hybrid
speaker cables: Signal Cable
treatments: homemade speaker bases of 4" of Auralex foam resting on 12" square, 1/4" thick marble tiles

other equipment:

SONY SCD 555ES SACD player
Denon vintage turntable

System does a very nice job on vocals and acoustic instruments. Sound is detailed, but a touch on the warm side.

Regards, Rich