Need Blues Rec--burn the house down guitar stuff

Help Please!

I've Seen several blues artists live that were just amazing...topping that list is Buddy Guy back in the 80's. But, like others, his CDs never seemed to translate that raw club energy/presence I witnessed live. Blues has always been something I enjoy in person...but never really energizes me when I listen at home. I suspect It's out there and I am missing some great artists/performances. I would like some recommendations for:

Some blistering guitar driven/energetic/possibly live stuff--I don't want the slow stuff (I have that). (I guess when I think about it...it's more rock than blues I'm looking for)
128x128ml8764ag
Man oh man have I got what you want."Carlos Santana Plays Blues at Montreux"2004!!!There are 2 versions of this DVD,one version is a short program version,NOT the one you want! The FULL LENGTH version has 3 complete sets of BLOW YOUR MIND blues with Carlos sitting in with (set 1)Clarence "Gatemouth"Brown. (set 2) Bobby Parker(if you've never heard of Bobby parker think of a SMOKIN HOT guitar playin James Brown).(3rd.set) Buddy Guy (& this IS Buddy at his LIVE BEST)!I NEVER get tired of spinning this disc!
Onhwy61

You're right. Gatton usually plays some of each...blues, country, jazz, surf, etc. But all of it is great, even if not precisely on the OP's original point

Marty
The latest Crossroads 2010 Festival Blu Ray DVD is amazing--I picked up a copy for half off at Best buy for 17 bucks for 2 discs! A who's who of blues stars, and even a finale sit down with BB King. Sound is not DTS HD but it's 24/96 and sounds really good. Susan Tedeschi, Carlos, Winwood, Buddy Guy, and many others. From Soldier's Field in Chicago.
Audioquest has a really nice blues sampler. You should check that out.

Lee Ritenour's 6 string theory CD also has some good blues guitar with several guest stars.

There's always Stevie Ray and Albert King.
The style y4 looking for sounds more Texas Blues style. Try Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughn and ZZ Top. All of these guys love to play fast and careless.