Does anyone like country

I am just curious as to whether anyone likes country music? I do like some country songs (especially those that lean more towards pop).
chatta
Bluegrass, yes.
Country Swing- one of the best is- Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys for the Last Time.
Gram Parsons is someone to check out. (He let Emmylou join the band).
For such a long time I listened to the only two musical genres known to mankind, Country AND Western. They are far more separated today. In fact Country has many divisions within itself. Country swing, sW Country, Tex Mex, Rock-a-Billy, Traditional, Pop Country (my absolute least fav genre... as it resembles just plain old bad rock & roll or pop music... Not Country), Cowboy, etc.

Bluegrass used to be THE country sound. It is now it's own quite specific genre/sound, and has remained more unchanged than Country or Western music. IMO.

I believe the thing that keeps Bluegrass music so pure is it’s acoustic signature. IMO there is something to be said for NOT plugging in the instruments every time!

Singers used to be the song writers. New top talent used to be those whose songs were those which told the truth sincerely. A different sound or style that contained the aforementioned aspects were those chosen and promoted by the recording industry. They were the Cash's, H Howards, H Williams, L Frizzells, B Owens, L Lynn’s, D Partons, Carter's Will’s, & Monroes.

Now it's more the next pretty face with some talent, yet no particularly individualistic sound song writting ability, or style.

New & Fresh, account presently for the industries primary contenders and more highly promoted, uh, artists these days than ever before. There's a new one just about each week. I've quit keeping up with them all.

Travis Tritt said it best in one of his songs... "Country ain't country any more" Bluegrass, however, still is as honest as it has ever been.

The new Cash's, Haggard's, & Jones' are the Paisleys', Nichols', Straits', Atkins' & Jackson's. Some of which, like their predecessors emmulate past greats with either their sound or styles... ie., Williams (Strait), Frizzell (Haggard, Nichols), Wills (Asleep At the Wheel) Buck owens (Dwight y), etc.
I’ll continue to tune in and out searching for talent with unique style and sound, and let the latest sensation prove or disprove themselves by their efforts, not their CD sales.
I like, and listen to a lot of country (as well as bluegrass), old (traditional) and new (pop), but not all. It's probably 10% of my listening though. I listen mostly to Jazz, Rock (though this also includes country rock), and Classical.
I love Country music, however NOT the pop music they call Country on the mainsteam radio. Americana, Alt Country and Bluegrass are great.

Lucinda Williams
Townes Van Zandt
Gram Parsons
Todd Snider
Billy Joe Shaver
Allison Krauss
Ricky Scaggs
Rodney Crowell
The Flatlanders
Flying Burrito Brothers
Willie and Waylon of course
Steve Earle
Jim Lauderdale

A few that come to mind right of hand.
It is good to hear other people's views on country music. It seems as if many of you have respect for country music of past decades and generations.