Caravan - does anyone listen anymore?

Taking a trip down memory lane--otherwise known as the LP collection. Favorites, anyone?
128x128twoleftears
Funny, everyone here seems to have understood the topic of your thread except me. When I hear the word "Caravan" I think Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers.
I've been a Caravan mark for years. I always enjoy listening to them play and the offbeat humor often found in their lyrics and listen frequently still these days.

Caravan is one of those groups whose original classic albums still sound best to me on the original vinyl than most CD versions I've heard.

Land Of Grey and Pink is the common favorite and rightfully so.

I also listen to "Waterloo Lily" quite often. The funky more jazz-like playing on here is outstanding, particularly Richard Sinclair's bass lines throughout.

I also often listen to "Blind Dog at St. Dunstan's", which is under-appreciated by many IMHO. A lot of fun songs and great playing on here start to finish. "Jack and Jill" is a favorite.

Caravan and the New Symphonia is a very good live recording with symphony orchestra and works way better than many other similar efforts.

"Girls who Grow Plump" is another enjoyable album start to finish.

"All Over You" offers some various nice alternate arrangements of several Caravan classics and the CD is nicely recorded.

I also like "Cunning Stunts" and "Dabsong Concerto" in particular even though many find this to be a less than stellar effort.
My favorites are "Girls who Grow Plump" , "Waterloo Lily", and "New Symphonia".
No votes yet for "If I Could Do It All Over Again (I'd Do It All Over You)" or "Canterbury Tales"? Are these generally considered less successful albums?
IICDIAOAIDIAOY is good also but maybe hasn't aged as well a some others?

Canterbury Tales is a "Best Of" package as I recall...nothing wrong with that but Caravan is a group whose original classic albums are the best way to experience them IMHO..