Shelby Lynne

I have the new Shelby Lynne cover disc of songs recorded by Dusty Springfield. I think it is my favorite disc of the past 6 months at least. Others hear this?
rpeluso
As previously reported, the original pressing had a good bit of noise. Lost Highway repressed and they sent me a replacement copy at no charge. Great company.
I saw/heard Shelby two weeks ago at a small venue in New York, she did nearly the entire recording, and it was just magical. I bought the LP there and in my view it is not any better than the CD, at least on my system, in my room. But they are both stellar, from a performance and recording perspective. Truly a rare occurrence in a recording, such a talent.
I can't get enough of track 2.Fantastic.Stereophile seems to think it's a good recording. I don't think it's anything special.I agree that the vinyl sounds about the same too.I also
agree with what Tagyerit said. Identity crisis is one of her best.She has a very sensual voice.Makes you wanna grab the old lady and... Well you know.