Pat Metheny Fans, Great Suggestions Please ??

Hello,

I have Secret Story, We Live Here and Imaginary Day.

I know his styles vary from album to album, but I'm looking for some stuff that sounds great cranked-up or low-level, beautiful, involving and long-term (asking a lot)

The 30-60 second samples give a fraction of say, what a 14 minute song has, so it's kinda difficult to get a handle on the changing improvs.

I did like what I "managed" to hear from Pat Metheny Group with Mays, Egan and Gottlieb "San Lorenzo"
128x128rx8man
My FIRST Metheny album was this:

http://jazz-rock-fusion-guitar.blogspot.com/2006/07/pastorius-metheny-bley-ditmas-jaco.html

My album cover is actually yellow with black lettering (no images). Does anyone else have this? Just a promo or perhaps a treasure?
Pat Metheny Group (self-titled), Travels, Offramp & beyond the missouri w/haden are my favs. A friend took me to see him near Ft Liquordale in the late 70's & that was it
I ordered a Japanese import limited edition of the "White Album" with Mays, Egan and Gottlieb, should be a nice recording.

So much to choose from, are the later Metheny/Mehldau CDs worth any mention ?
ECM released all their PM stuff in Japan on gold and regular CDs. Both series were limited edition in mini-lp sleeves. More recently, a few PM CDs were released in the "Jazz the Best" series at lower price than the ECM. Again, a few were gold and others were regular CDs. The ECM series go for more in the secondary market.
I personally like the Metheny/Mehldau CDs, but I prefer the quartet pieces over the guitar and piano pieces. I also like most of the others previously mentioned as well as "The Way Up". The only thing I really dislike is the guitar synth. For me, a little goes a long way.
BTW: You should enjoy the "White Album", it's a must have.