Jackson Browne Solo Acoustic

I just received the new Jackson Browne CD, "Solo Acoustic".

I will admit my biases up front:

a. I love Jackson's book of work;
b. I love solo acoustic performance.

It is a terrific release. I listened to it casually this afternoon and sounds like it is very well recorded and engineered. (Doug Sax did the mastering ).

A mixture of the older stuff and newer stuff. Still in good voice.

Enjoy

Richard bischoff
rbischoff
Jackson Browne is one of my favorite artists of all time. I was fortunate to see him at Red Rocks a couple of summers ago and he was fabulous! His work as a singer and songwriter seems to have never missed a beat, (pun intended) :-)

Speaking of Jackson Browne, a few years ago I saw him in a benefit concert in a small venue with Bonnie Raitt and Keb Mo'. He was on stage doing some solo pickin' when he starts tuning up his electric guitar to do some slide work. His back was to the audience, fiddling with the guitar. He suddenly turns around with a sly grin on his face and says, "I know what you're thinking.... you're thinking what the hell am I doing trying to play slide guitar when Bonnie and Keb are backstage." Then he starts to play, and about thirty seconds into the song, he stops, goes to the mike, and says "Hey Bonnie, get out here and bail me out." So Bonnie came on and they played a duet, with Bonnie playing the slide part.

It was a great moment...seeing his humor, and acknowledging that his blues/slide guitar takes a back seat to Bonnie and Keb.
Jackson Browne was my first live concert I attended at the age of 16. I'll never forget it. I was not aware of this new release, thanks for starting this thread Rb, I will pick it up soon.
One of the greatest songwriters of our time. And then he adds his talent as a performer. What a living legend!
I saw Jackson play acoustic in a small hall 2 or 3 years ago. Thanks for letting me know about the acoustic disc. This should very special.