Power Cables diminishing returns

I'm thinking of upgrading my PCs, but am wondering what the sweat spot is as far as price. The price point after which, you see diminishing returns. for example a $1000 is certainly not twice as good as a $500 cable.
linaeum66
The more resolving, ie better, a system is , the easier it is to hear differences ...
This assumes that the designs of the components in the system that is more musically resolving are such that the system is also more sensitive to AC differences. IMO the two kinds of resolution do not necessarily go hand in hand. Many technical factors could be cited that can contribute to sensitivity to differences in power cords or other cables, that have nothing to do with the ability of a system to resolve musical information.

With all due respect, IMO it is a common misconception among audiophiles, at least in the case of systems that are of reasonably decent quality, to assume that a strong correlation exists between sensitivity to differences between power cords, cables, or other hardware, and the ability of a system to resolve musical information. And as a corollary to that it follows that an inability to hear hardware differences does not necessarily say anything negative about the quality of the sound that the system provides. Or about the listener's hearing, for that matter.

Regards,
-- Al
Brownsfan,

I don't know if you got the point I was trying to make in my post. Like you, I hear differences in PC's. When I read the posts that said you can't hear the difference in PC's based on double blind testing, I question it. Not knowing anything at all about the blind tests mentioned, I don't take them at face value. Anybody can say anything. I just want to get more details to see if they really have something or not.
Zd, I understood your position, and I am in substantial agreement with your post. I think maybe our positions differ a bit in that you are asking for particulars about the test, whereas I am suggesting that such a test is fundamentally flawed. It is always difficult, if not impossible, to build a meaningful case on negative information. This is why guilt can be reasonably proven, but innocence cannot. My reaction to your post was not a reaction against it.

Not to paint the anti PC camp with too broad a brush, but recently here and in Audio Asylum there has been a bit of mocking of the pro-PC camp, to the point of impugning the integrity of some well regarded manufacturers without having any direct experience with their products. Its fine to have opinions. Its not so good to insult other people with them.
Al, Jmc,
When I had to pay $168 for Hydrocortizone+Acetic Acid 10mg bottle, I tend to believe that same clap is goin' on with pharmaceutical industry. This bottle is approximately bellow a buck worth.
Most of the research big Pharma moans about is done with taxpayer cash at universities.