Power Cables diminishing returns

I'm thinking of upgrading my PCs, but am wondering what the sweat spot is as far as price. The price point after which, you see diminishing returns. for example a $1000 is certainly not twice as good as a $500 cable.
linaeum66
According to the Audience ads on Audiogon, there is now an SE Powerchord, available as an upgrade for $300, not sure of new costs. I haven't heard it but very much like the E which has seen a nice price decline on Audiogon. Just picked one up for my CD player.
CharlesIdad, I remember reading Einstein in college where he said if some constant or other in the universe was different by one part in a million the law of gravity would not work.
Thus for him it took more faith to believe in a scientific explanation of the universe than an intelligent creator thesis.
$2000 power cord actually has no more than total of $50 material + work. The rest is marketting and brain shower. What is diminishing return of such product?
just like prescription medications which cost six cents a pill to make and sell for $700 for 30...
Just like prescription medications which cost six cents a pill to make and sell for $700 for 30...
I wouldn't draw any parallels with power cords, though. According to this article in Forbes research and development expenditures by a dozen major drug producers, from 1997 to 2011, divided by the number of their drugs that were ultimately approved and brought to market ranged from $3.7 to $11.8 billion dollars per approved drug.

Regards,
-- Al