New cart for under 1K

I am looking to buy a new cartrdige for my setup. My current system consists of a VPI Scout II with a Black Knight platter and 10.5SE tonearm (the TT Michael Fremer demonstrated a cartridge setup at last years show in NYC), JM Focal 936's, Mac solid state power & pre, and a Dynavector P-75 phono pre-amp. The Focal's are very accurate and tend to be bright in the highs. Brightness is what I am trying to avoid. I've found the highs to be too harsh for my liking, especially with vocals. Sibilance is also an issue and something I have attempted to control with speaker placement, VTA, damping fluid, and the tone controls on my old Mac preamp. My current cart is a Grado Gold. I am hopeful that upgrading to a new cartridge helps eliminate some of the treble harshness and provides a sweeter overall sound. I'm interested in the Dynavector 20x2 so far. Any other suggestions for 1K or under, Benz, Ortofon, Sumiko (Blackbird, a little over 1K, but what the hell)?

Thanks for you assistance!
davidlillis
I recommend a Denon DL-S1 (Under $600 from Comet Supply or $800 from Galen Carol). I use it with a VPI 12.5 JMW and I have Focal Utopia Orca-Designed speakers. My hearing is very sensitive to high frequency sibilance.

Sibilance can come from various sources: TT speed inaccuracy, TT speed fluctuation, the listener's own sensitivity to high fequencies, inaccurate cartridge tracking (set up issues).
HI David- I would get the Soundsmith Zephyr in this price range for your setup. It is an exceptional moving iron cartridge with terrific seperation and wonderful sense of timbre.
I have a 20x2 low. With the correct loading it is far from bright or forward sounding. IMO it has the rare combination of incredible delicacy in the treble range with a slightly laid back presentation. Others have mentioned that it is an excellent match with a P-75.
I WOULD TRY THE ORTOFON 2M BLACK. IT IS A WARMER CARTRIDGE AND WOULD HELP WITH THE BRIGHTNESS YOU SPEAK OF. ALSO I WOULD CHECK OUT THE NAGAOKA MP500,A WARM AND DELIGHTFUL SOUND.

MATT TX
Thank you all for your responses and recommendations.

Redglobe, I agree with your assessment regarding the causes of sibilance. I have tweaked, and tweaked, and tweaked. One day (it's amazing how the ah ha moment in life can take some time), I threw in a CD in my Arcam CD-player and confirmed that it's not the TT, but it still could be the room, the stuff in the room, the speakers, the pre-amp (old Mac C32), or one of many other factors, but I don't think it's the TT. My dealer and I have an excellent relationship where he will allow me to try a few carts out prior to purchasing. I'm going to take each of your recommendations and try a few. I'll post my decision when it is make. Thank you all again!