Raidho D1/C1.1 vs Dynaudio C1 vs Magico Q1

Hi,
I am looking to upgrade to a state of the art monitor speaker. Excellent dynamics, transparecy (without dryness),coherent sound and impressive bass extension (for a monitor) are the characteristics I am looking for. The partnering equipment is Resolution audio Cantata (source), Marantz SC-7s2 (pre-amp) & Burmester 956 mk. II (amplifier). I would appreciate if any of the members (who own these or have auditioned and compared these) can give me some valuable feedback/impressions on how these speakers compare to one another (I realize that the Dynaudio is at a much lower price point). I know the technology in the Raidho monitors is very impressive but is the sound that much more special?
Where I live, I do not have access to any dealer who has these brands.
Many thanks!
apdoc2004
Raindog031,

No hard feelings at all. My REL is seamless -- integrates beautifully with my speakers. I will be replacing them with the Raidho C1.1 soon.
Sabai im glad you find yourself a combination that fully satisfies your musical tastes and that is what matters most...when you done the deal and spend some time with speakers please write thing or two about your system :)...im allways open to learn from other sources...regards...
Just found out my dealers D1's are out on loan again. Not sure when they are coming back.

Raindog031, I do not see the point(s) you try to make about subwoofers. First, while your friend who played at the Vienna philharmonic may know very well how classical music should sound, he may know very little about how rock (country, pot, metal, etc.) music should sound and/or how to properly integrating a subwoofer with a monitor or floor-stand speakers. If he believes what he has told you, than he has never heard a properly integrated subwoofer. Second, I can not imagine that somebody with common sense will pair the Raidho D1 with entry-level subwoofers. A very good sub, e.g. Velodyne DD+ series, cost only a fraction of the price of the D1s.

I also want to comment about Dynaudio C1 and Vivid speakers. I have extensively listen (in my room) to Dynaudio C1 (mk 1), Focal Utopia Micro Be, Avantgarde UNO and Vivid Giya G3. Compared to the UNOs, the Micro Be and Dynaudio C1 sounded like they were broken, i.e. slow, flat and with poor details (in a word drivers in a box). The situation does not change when going to the Dynaudio C1 (mk2), as when compared to mk1s, the mk2s are a bit smother a bit more detailed and play better at low volume levels. (It is certainly not my intention to bash the Dynaudio C1s. I have liked them very much when I had them, e.g. see my review on them here. I am only sharing what I have heard in my room.)

Regarding, the Vivids, unless played at low volume levels (i.e. 60-65 dBs), they will certainly not sound like drivers in a box. They are fast, dynamic, smooth, detailed and with great bass. Also, contrary to what Raindog031 wrote, their dynamic is not exaggerated and they play rock like there is no tomorrow (on par with my UNOs). IMO the Vivid speakers are worthy competition for the Raidho speakers. I can understand that their look might be a deal breaker for many. However, while having them in my room, their look grew on my big time. That is, after the second day, their friend-but-capable-and-funny-looking-allien face make me smile every time I have enter my music room.

You can read my thoughts on the Raidho D1 speakers here.

Paul
I'm not sure if this adds anything to the discussion, but here goes. At the recent NY Audio show, I thought the Raidho (both the stand mounted monitor and floor stander) were amazing. The floor stander in the Sound by Singer room was for me a clear best of show. Just to get my take on things I thought the Martin Logan room was a contender For best at show until dynamics came in and I could hear compression and almost a bit of distortion on anything dynamic.

I was so taken by the Raidho's that I came back to my system, TAD CR1's and playing the same cuts, tried to reproduce the same air and high frequency content of the Raidho's With Diamond's on the soles of her shoes cut I heard at the show.

I became a bit disillusioned when I couldn't reproduce the same air and realism in the voices and the back and forth section of the trumpets from that track.

Digressing a bit, I had heard the Magico q1 in a very good demo then played the same tracks on my CR1's. The Q1 reproduced some unknown to me Audiophile tracks with outstanding clarity and imaging, but when hearing a few requested standard recordings I knew quite well, the Q1's seemed to fall a bit flat. Those same cuts on my CR1's suddenly sounded like true audiophile grade material with a wealth of inner detail and liveness I hear in unamplified live music.

back to the Raidho's. Not being able to get that outstanding top end sound out of my head, I decided toodds on a pair of Electrostat supertweeters from Enigmacoustic's (permanently charged panels with no power supply). They added the top end air and resolution I was Hearing from the Raidho's ribbon driver. ( and became a dealer for the add-on super tweeter, so take everything I say with that in mind)

Like I said I'm not sure what this really adds to the discussion except that I truly love the Raidho's, and hearing Them made me want to augment my system to get those qualities.