Conrad Johnson Upgrades - A difference maker?

I own a pair of Conrad Johnson's Premier 12 Power Amps. One is in for servicing and it was put forth that I may want to consider upgrading these units to CJ's Teflon capacitors.

If you have upgraded a CJ Power unit to Teflon capacitors, I would greatly appreciate your response on the difference it made.

Thank you.
rbschauman
I had my CJ Premier 8A (operating in triode) upgraded to full teflon (V-Caps) performed by rhBSoundDezign in Churchville, Pa. The amps had already had extensive power supply upgrades and the rhBSoundDezign JB Gold mods and the internal wiring upgraded to gold/silver wire. I am using Svetlana Winged C 6550 output tubes which are my tube of choice even over the original GE 6550 NOS tubes that I have.

The V-Cap upgrade made a significant difference particularly in smoothness and detail. A caution though. It takes a long time for the teflon caps to break in. I don't think that you hear the full improvement until at least 300 hours minimum.
bbro,

Thanks for responding. Did any of the CJ lushness (some call it their "house sound") diminish or harden after the upgrade?

I do like a warm "tubey" sound...

Randy
I also had my prem8a upgraded. Bbro is spot on as the improvements overall are excellent.

Another significant improvement is it is quietier

Well worth it IMO.