Solid State for Rock and Tubes for Jazz, Yes or No

I love Solid State for most music but I do think Tubes are great for Jazz and Classical. Maybe we should have one each!
donplatt
To say a tube amp clips warmer is an understatement. The last time I clipped a ss amp smoke wafted from my tweaters. That was the last night I listened to Eric Johnson and did an 8 ball for dinner in the same night. Ive been clean for 15 Years.
If the tube amp is happy with the load, IME you won't find a transistor amp with more slam. You don't need a super low output impedance to control 15" woofers either! Its all about how the amp interfaces with the load.

more:http://www.atma-sphere.com/Resources/Paradigms_in_Amplifier_Design.php
"You don't need a super low output impedance to control 15" woofers either!"

No, but isn't damping factor the right (though still not perfect) spec to help predict relative control potential before buying? Damping does depend on output impedance, right?
I listen mostly to rock, and haven't found any solid state amp that makes me as happy as a good tube amp. Bass isn't all there is to rock - rock benefits just plenty from tonal accuracy, and to my ears a good tube amp excels at accurate tonality.

On a good tube amp, guitars it can sound like there are guitar amps in my room - I love that!