Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Any experiences?

I just purchased a Modwright KWI-200 Integrated Amp. I am waiting for it to be shipped. I've never heard it and cannot find a proper review of it online. Any experiences with anyone? My expectations are high.
routeman21
Hi Taylor514,

I can totally accept that the KWI-200 in Kiwi's system with ESL speakers might not be a good match up. However, the KWI-200 is not a fat euphonic sounding intergrated amp lacking dynamics at all. So far in my reviewing process I have teamed it up with Aerial Acoustics 5B speakers, Omega single driver speakers, and Reference 3A MM Decapo-i speakers and it made each of these speakers "sing" with excellent punch/dynamics, natural timbres, great precise layered soundstage and an image density and warmth that is tube like in its tone. I like it much better then the Pass Labs INT-150 and still believe it's much closer in its performence to the Pass Labs XA-30.5 intergrated amp.
Kiwi, how many hours did the ModWright KWI 200 have when you put it in? That may make a difference.
I received my Kwi-200 (brand new) about a week ago and it has close to 100 hours of burn-in. Initial thoughts were similar to Teajay: Grainless texture and warmth, tube like. More thoughts to come, but first... The Kwi-200 is being compared to my current amp, the Resolution Audio Opus 21 s80 Class D integrated amp which is part of the complete Opus 21 system that I own. After considering other int. amps around the same price range of $5000.00, I chose the Modwright to compare the Class D to A/B amp and to see how much difference in refinement there would be between a $2500.00 & $5000.00 int amp. The Kwi-200 is the second most expensive single piece of equipment I've purchased. The first most expensive single piece is the Ayre C-5xemp cd player (almost new) that I just received & hooked up last night. Previously, I was using the Opus 21 CD player with the Kwi-200. So, this price range is new to me. So far, I miss my Resolution Audio system. I know, give the Ayre & Modwright some time. I like the Opus 21 system because it requires one power cord and no IC's. It has a separate power supply which powers the CD player & amp thru umbilicals. Now with the new set up I'm posed with the addition of another power cord (Audience powerchord e or Zu Cable Event connected to Ayre & Voodoo Cable super tesla se connected to Modwright) and interconnects from Ayre to Modwright (Harmonic Tech Magic Link One). Speaker Cable is Cardas Neutral Reference. Speakers are Fritz Speaker Carbon 7 monitors. I'm very conscious about synergy with power cords because IMO too much silver + all solid state components = emphasis on sibilants & too much copper = less detail in overall sound.

All the responses have been fun to read. More of your thoughts are welcomed!
I did the same missing that trusted sim sound,after 300 hrs+ on the modwright i am absolutly on board with this thing.I just have to wait for my talos to burn in (old hydra 8 preceded it).I know too many changes too soon can bring about that what have i done feeling.I did get to hear the changes that the amp incured in burn in,so it is an absolute upgrade (for my system),in the right direction.
Digsmithd ... how did you get 300+ hours on your unit in 18 days ... do you leave it on 24/7? Does this amp have a "stand-by" switch on it, or just a power on and off? Thanks