Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Any experiences?

I just purchased a Modwright KWI-200 Integrated Amp. I am waiting for it to be shipped. I've never heard it and cannot find a proper review of it online. Any experiences with anyone? My expectations are high.
routeman21

Showing 5 responses by taylor514

Your comments are my concerns Kiwi, that the amp is a bit too warm and rolled off. I do not doubt it's build quality, but will it have the dynamics of the INT-150 and the same treble extension.

I look forward to more user comments ... thanks.
Digsmithd ... how did you get 300+ hours on your unit in 18 days ... do you leave it on 24/7? Does this amp have a "stand-by" switch on it, or just a power on and off? Thanks
Routeman21 – I had been reluctant to post my experience with the KWI-200, thinking that perhaps I was the only one having issues with the amp. Firstly, Dan has been very supportive during my on-going saga with the amp.

My first KWI-200 I brought home, fresh out of the box, was DOA. It was shipped backed to Modwright, and a replacement built and sent out to me a few weeks later. In the few months that I have owned the replacement amp, the 4 rail fuses have blown once, and I have blown the main fuse 3 times. Similar to your problem, this past weekend the amp kept shutting down with a display error that indicated the DC bias issue. It has since been working, but now with a noticeable “pop” noise in my right channel during start-up. Dan thinks the DC bias might need to be adjusted, so it will soon be shipped back to Modwright.

To worsen matters, I asked the dealer if I could get a refund should I decide to return the amp, and his answer was no, and that he could offer me a store credit, which is not the answer I had expected. So in my case, the only option is to deal with the amp issues … not one of my best audio experiences.

That said, the amp has been very enjoyable when working, and Dan has been very helpful.