Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Any experiences?

I just purchased a Modwright KWI-200 Integrated Amp. I am waiting for it to be shipped. I've never heard it and cannot find a proper review of it online. Any experiences with anyone? My expectations are high.
routeman21

Showing 14 responses by digsmithd

I also am expecting one within the week or weekend,talking to the dealer (and dan)he described the sound like the pass 150 with better bass.I told him i would be coming from sim i5.3...dan said he would put this up against any of the sims very confidently.(sounds like im moving in the right direction)....cant wait.dealer is highly impressed with the unit.
just recieved mine yesterday.Wow what a nice peice of gear.It,s already sounding very nice.a little bit more power than the i5.cant wait for this baby to burnin.
I would call dan at modright and ask,i dont think hes the type to sell you something thats not right.From 85 watts(sim i5.3) to this is quite a jump.My adagios have 6 ohms so apparently they are fairly easy to drive.Thought about getting the psb syncrony 1 to try something new...but to many changes to quick.
My kwi 200 has about 180 hrs on it so far.Its a very detailed sound stage,bass is tight and extended.More than that you can here the (playing)subtlties.Its a less forward sound than the i5.3 was.Dan say 300 hrs for burnin so by then should be able to accuratly tell.
Let us know your thoughts.If your thoughts are anything like mine you should be very happy(blown away!)with the quality of this thing.
After close to three hundred hrs on this amp.I can tell you it blows my sim i5.3 out of the water,theres no comparison.The dynamics,the effortless musicality of this amp is amazing.I really love being able to listen at low levels and have all the dynamics and grunt there,I have never heard my system sound so absolutly right.Thankyou dan wright for the tremendous bargin.
I did the same missing that trusted sim sound,after 300 hrs+ on the modwright i am absolutly on board with this thing.I just have to wait for my talos to burn in (old hydra 8 preceded it).I know too many changes too soon can bring about that what have i done feeling.I did get to hear the changes that the amp incured in burn in,so it is an absolute upgrade (for my system),in the right direction.
yes i ran it 24/7.There is no standby,talked to dan and he said leave it on.Turn off only when gone for days.Now i have to burn in talos cond....theres some more hrs.do you like your new cdp(ayre)?
I think it a great product,price,performance.Im pleased with my kwi200...its local.Just wanted something other than the usual choices.Sim or not sim.Pass 150 (no experience with).Im sure its hard to go wrong with any of the two also.
Yes i do believe they are removable,and there are spaces for i believe a cone like configuration for customizing.(two in front one in back)For bdr's ect.Im sure dan would elaborate...takes many personal calls.(Its a heavy son of a gun).
Totally agree...Dan at modwright(as well as everyone)goes out of his way bigtime to make sure that your happy with your modwright gear.I have had experiences where they could give a rats #%*.Plus they dont scratch the crap out your gear.Cant say that for a couple of very well respected manufactures.Dan has earned my respect as a designer and as a very diplomatic (manager,boss).Thank god i can still talk to the boss.Still loving my kwi200.I am glad i went with them!
mine is still with me and sounding better than ever...
My other considerations were sim 600i and pass 150.
Glad I went w/dans amp....nice piece of gear.
Part of the reason for going with dans integrated was a long conversation with him and I told him I had at least 2 other considerations...One of them I was very familiar with tone/signature...the other would have been a leap of faith...Dan assured me that his amp could hold its own w/the 2 others...I had never owned anything with that power ratting...I wanted something with some kick.
Turns out...I end up reading a review about the kwi 200 and just happens to mention the very two others I considered.
The modwright has more than delivered on this and easily walks on anything I have ever owned...