High end tube Preamp under $4k used that competes

with or betters the Cary SLP 05. (is there such a preamp?) Looking for suggestions in a tubed preamp on the used market to go with a solid state amplifier (60k ohm input impedance).

This preamp should have:
1. the bass, heft, weight, solidity of the SLP 05

2. clarity and highs that are crisp and extended/ not rolled off

3. some tube sound/ as opposed to solid state

4. some warmth yet detailed

5. dynamics

Thanks
foster_9
BAT preamps have always had that dark/not dark debate for some reason, I can't really understand why though. I have had the VK-31SE, VK-50SE, VK-51SE, VK-3iXSE and VK-32SE in my system, and I would say that BAT preamps are on the darker side compared to preamps from ARC, Aesthetix and VAC. I would say the BAT is not as dark as preamps from Cary or CJ though. I also would say that BAT has the best bass of just about any preamp I've owned, tube or SS.

The VK-31/32SE have RCA and XLR inputs. The 32SE has more midrange bloom, the 31SE has better dynamics, FWIW. Personally I prefer preamps from ARC, Aesthetix and VAC, but my list of requirements is different from yours. So reading your list of requirements, I'd recommend BAT.

Cheers,
John
Emotive Audio Sira should be on your list. I don't own one and I don't have any ties to the company but check out the website and call Fred and he will give you some great friendly advice on his designs. There is actually one here for sale - not mine - not any one I know either. A buddy of mine has one and it is an excellent preamp, well designed and very well built, plus customer service is the best also. If I was employed, the Sire would be mine.
The Sira has eighteen tubes. Rather daunting for a guy who just entered the tube preamp kingdom.