High end tube Preamp under $4k used that competes

with or betters the Cary SLP 05. (is there such a preamp?) Looking for suggestions in a tubed preamp on the used market to go with a solid state amplifier (60k ohm input impedance).

This preamp should have:
1. the bass, heft, weight, solidity of the SLP 05

2. clarity and highs that are crisp and extended/ not rolled off

3. some tube sound/ as opposed to solid state

4. some warmth yet detailed

5. dynamics

Thanks
foster_9
Emotive Audio Sira should be on your list. I don't own one and I don't have any ties to the company but check out the website and call Fred and he will give you some great friendly advice on his designs. There is actually one here for sale - not mine - not any one I know either. A buddy of mine has one and it is an excellent preamp, well designed and very well built, plus customer service is the best also. If I was employed, the Sire would be mine.
The Sira has eighteen tubes. Rather daunting for a guy who just entered the tube preamp kingdom.
If you want to stay with tubes, then a EAR 868 sounds like your answer.If not I would look into the Music First MK11. I just sold my EAR 868 after hearing the MF MK11,still love tubes!. I use 2 EAR 534 amps/ with the MF and have taken my system to another LEVEL!!!!!
Foster he has been making preamps for many many years. The eighteen tubes are mostly under low voltage so they are not pushed if I am correct. Why not just call Fred and see if you connect in what he does and get educated on his designs. He also makes the Sira with SS power supply so not that many tubes. Like I said, I have nothing to do with the company but am an audio person who keeps an open mind to hear new things. Fortunately for me, living in the NYC area there are many audio people, dealers, home dealers, audio clubs that meet every weekend, magazine reviewers, so I get to hear lots of components. There are also a bunch of audio guys who are DIY people so I get to hear that side of the audio world. Besides that, I get to hear many componets, cables, tubes, etc., in my own system because these people are good people and will lend some of their stuff out once they get to know you. That is how I recently got to hear the Tung-sol round plate tubes in my system other then buying them to hear for myself. Like I said, call Fred and see if you connect with him. He is a fantastic person and very helpful - no pressure.