Joule LA 100 mkIII and Bat VK 60?

Just curious as to what everyone thinks about this combo and if anyone has ever used it? I have a pair of Merlin VSM MM's and a Joule LA 100 MKIII with a Berning EA-230 and a Sony SCD 555 ES cd player. Sounds good to me right now - but was wondering if it could be better. Can't afford the OTL amps - maybe a Berning that was priced right - but otherwise, not in my price range. Any thoughts are welcome

Thanks,
Brian
77cooper
Hello Cooper, What is your question?
"Any thoughts are welcome" - I have none of interest to this you but one observation I can offer - it is well known that Merlin speakers and Joule-Electra power amp is match made in heaven. Both companies even demo their equipment together at CES, RMAF etc. You have Jou;e-Electra not pwer amp but...preamp and I do not believe its the same.
All The Best
Rafael
VK60 has good power & tone for Merlin VSM & can be significantly improved with DIY mods similar to my VK75SE.

Rafeal,
yup - i have a joule preamp and a berning amplifier (ea 230) - the question was regarding a BAT VK 60 amplifier with the Joule preamp and if anyone ever used this combo. I may go SET low wattage (thats a new twist), but I'm not sure yet.
Best REgards,
Brian
I would ask Bobby P. I suspect this would not be an ideal amp with the Merlins. Yes, the Berning Z270 would be great. I would look for an EL34 based amp for the Merlins if I could not go the OTL route.