Using 2 integrateds to bi-amp?

Maybe this is a really dumb idea (if yes, please tell me why). Would it be possible to connect 2 integrated amps by Y connectors to a single source (e.g., TT or CDP)then use 1 to drive the L & R tweeters and the other to drive the L & R woofers of a 2 way speaker system? I have two integrated amps but don't have $ to go mono-blocks + pre-amp.
128x128ghosthouse
What a lot of effort for what? Unpredictable outcome with clumsy operation. If you think of it as an experiment, mebbe.

Kal
it would be a lot of effort to try and learn something. Education is important.
Well, I suppose "effort" in lieu of $ is my justification plus I kind of enjoying messing around with this stuff. On the other hand, is it that much different than trying to integrate a powered sub-woofer?
We need more info. Same amps? Different? Which ones? I would go to Integrated "A" with all sources then line out (fixed tape out not variable preout) to Integrated "B".

Integrated A = the one with a better sounding preamp section if A/B are different

If the power levels are different on the amps the higher one to the woofers of course.

Good luck!

ET
Sorry but I only read all your follow ups after I my first post. Yes go horizontal and use the tube integrated as "A" in my first post and use the tape out to the other amp. Tubes on the HF, SS on the LF. Don't worry about the SPL thing, adjust it to the way you like it. You put the amount of salt and pepper you like on your food (if any) and not what someone else says right? Also don't worry about what Kal says he thinks passive(horizontal) bi-amp is a waste. Those of us that have it know better. It sounds better at all volume levels especially in an optimum passive setup where the amps are power amps and are the same input impedance, gain and sensitivity. LF having about 2X the HF amp is good depending on the actual X-over frequency and type of speakers. Good luck-please report back.

ET