New Adcom GFA-555 se - Special Edition

Adcom is making a new version of the GFA-555 II, the GFA-555 se. This amplifier is essentially the GFA-555 II with slight improvements including balanced inputs larger capacitors resulting in a better soundstage and an even higher damping factor. Did you know that the GFA-555 is likely the best selling piece of hi-fi equipment ever made, with a build of over 100,000 units? The GFA-555se will be available sometime in November.
power_hungry
I owned the original amp...boy was that ever a harsh sounding piece of gear and replaced it with a McCormack DNA .5....like night and day. I thought Adcom went out of business.
Larry
I used to have the GFA-5500 back in 1998 I think it was. For a mid-fi amp it was decent but I replaced it with a Conrad Johnson SA-400 amp and it was night and day. Of course as with most peeps in this hobby it just got uglier and uglier...lol. What I mean is the upgrade bug keeps biting ;)
I owned several 555s and for the money,they could not be beat.Nothing else at anywhere near the price would drive my Infinity Kappa 9 speakers like the big Adcoms.BTW,I preferred the original 555 to the mk.II version;and,also liked it better than the 5500,5800 and 5802.With proper system matching and cables harshness was not a problem.

Larry
Bdgregory,
Lighten up on Power_Hungry. He likes Adcom porducts and is excited about this new prospect from them. We all have our preferences.

I hope Adcom is really making an effort to come out with a new improved product with great sound for the dollars. This is what got them noticed at first. And I did enjoyed my 500/545 combo I had many years ago. I kept it for a long time until I got sucked into the audiophile round-about.

Power_Hungry,
Let us know if you get the new amp.
Mjcmt, my comment and observation is this post is the first evidence of Power_Hungry's existence (he joined A'gon the day he posted it), and it's worded as a blatant adcom commercial, not a query for input. It appears to me he's an Adcom salesman. Since he hasn't returned with followup comments I may still be right.

If I'm wrong, no problem - my post is out of line and I apologize. Actually, given it sparked interest of other Adcom fans, I'll beg your collective forgiveness.