fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
Says something about MBL and how highly they trust their customers. Not surprising though..they don't want some nimrod screwin around with their amp and then sending it back for repair!
I don't know much about MBL, but it is obviosuly good gear based on my hearing them at shows. It is interesting to me that when speaking to the folks who make this stuff (I spoke to three who make highly regarded amps)they don't buy the tweeked fuse approach as making any improvement in sound - that has been consistent. The one approach that I do follow, which was recommended by Roger Modjeski of Music Reference/RAM Labs, is to use ceramic, sand-filled fuses - not for sound, but to protect the equipment should a fuse blow and shatter - the ceramic stuff handles that much better than glass. But if you hear improvements, that's great, especially for just $39 which is exorbitant for a fuse, but cheap for any noticeable improvement.
Dave_b, if you don't mind, please comment on time required for burn in and where in your equipment chain the fuse went (CD, amp, etc).