LINN KLOUT QUESTION

I bought a complete audio system which included a pair of Linn Klout Amp's at an estate sale.
One of them has a small placard next to the speaker connections stating "AKTIV BASS AMPLIFIER". Any idea what this is or means?
Going to sell the system, wifes idea, & figured I needed to learn as much as possible about it.
giglr
Yeah, there's speakers, B&W Nautilus 802's. Amazing speakers.
You're correct,it also came with the Kairn Pre-Amp, but to power the system it came with a "Platinum Power 1 Line Processor" really a nice piece if you've never seen one. I just turn it on & everything fires up.
Gonna try and sell it as a complete package first. It has the LP12 turntable, Ekos tonearm, Arkiv cartridge, Lingo pwr supply with the Linto phono stage pre-amp, wish I had more albums. Ikemi CD player & a Nakamichi DR-1 cassette. Also has Audioquest interconnects & the thickest speaker wire I've ever seen.
Linn is still very much into Activ speaker configurations. The cards are easily removed to convert the amp back to full-range operation.
Giglr,

Please be advised that depending on your Klout serial number after the Aktive Card is removed you will have to install a jumper or solder back two terminals.
The problem is that the Aktive cards are used in systems where the speakers used have no internal crossovers. The Aktive cards are electronic crossovers. Linn, Naim and Krell are among some of the companies that have used them. I suggest that you take that Klout to your local Linn dealer and have them remove the cards and install the jumpers or solder the contacts back.