Break in period

I have just acquired the Conrad Johnson CT5 preamp and CJ LP70S power amp. Would appreciate inputs /advice of fellow a'goners regd optimal break in period and is the break in period dependent on playback volume or amount of
gain. The reason I ask is coz a Stereophile review of the CT5(July 2006 ?)mentioned that the preamp was left in continous play mode for a week, that translates to 150 hrs.Given that i listen max 2hrs/day and more on weekends, that translates to a break in period of nearly 2 1/2 months !!
Have huge issues leaving the system running 24/7 coz of erratic power supply and neighbour's privacy etc
Would appreciate any/all advice
Cheers
128x128sunnyboy1956
Offense? That would be a little difficult Shadorne. I am rather enjoying your astute game of raising false targets, logical decoys, examples out of context, subtly corrupted induction steps, . . and projections of wishful thinking a priori of reality.
Jeez, I think you are all too harsh. My impression of Shadorne is that, far from spreading mischief, he is coming at these discussions from the perspective of an engineer heretofore unexposed to (or unpersuaded by) the esoteric beliefs of high-end audiophilia. He's being stubborn because it doesn't make sense to him. Why not gently try to persuade him instead of decrying him as a bad element (my term, but that's the vibe I get).

I swear, sometimes it's like being amongst a group of creationists who don't want any "wrong-thinkers" in their midst. Run 'em out on a railroad, boys! The difference being that creationism is entirely nonsense, whereas at least some of what we believe around here may have merit. :-)
I am rather enjoying your astute game

Glad to here it. This hobby should be enjoyed!

These forums are consistently bombarded by fears of significant detrimental effects on the sound quality; (jitter, cables, break-in, warm-up, house electrical wiring, power cords, interconnects, speaker cables, gaps in digital waveforms, clocks, transports, etc.).

I often find myself trying to point out that many of these fears (of detrimental effects) are greatly exaggerated out of all proportion. This climate of "fear" is unhealthy, IMHO, as it distorts what is important from what is relatively insignificant, and, even worse, all these fears may intefere with what is absolutely critical: to sit back and enjoy the music!
Hi Shadorne, you are in fact absolutely right. . . there is almost a feeling of ancient magic to the hobby. . . . Some of it, perhaps like break in -- may be in part due to things our instruments have still problems measuring, as well as to the occasional minor dose of placebo effect. Other matters, like astute small clocks, aledgedly precious, semiprecious, or river-polished stones smack of neo-keltic rites and audiophilic-druidism. Next October at the AudioFest in Denver I should organize a grand sacrificial cerimony to propitiate onto us Audiana--sister of Gaya and great goddess of sound. Does anyone have a virgin piece of audio electronic whose yet unfulfilled life they would like to render into a burnt offering for the benefit of all of us? The cerimony would be very powerful and moving. . . lots of brilliant pebbles, Quantum dots, Clever Clocks of all makes and sizes, hypertweeters. . . . . . assurances of links to the mother of all web effects. . . the sacrificial Lamm all decked in audio finery and tied with audiophile-grade hempen twine to a brass audio isolation rack donated by Virtual Dynamics which keeps resonating like a tuning fork. . . and after we eliminate all stray Doppler effects, and we optimize the cloning of all its quantum states. . . replaced all its fuses with slugs of the best copper-Beryllium alloy, plugged its power chord into a 220V outlet, we will chant a final invocation and will throw its power switch. . . for an instant of firy and ecstatic break-in!
It is the transformers that require a long time to break in.
If you run a source and preamp to an amp that is turned off your neighbors will be happy and the preamp breaks in.

pipedream