vintage tuners

Since my interest is growing in vintage integrateds I have had the opertunity to listen to their tuners. I am finding that they are actually quite good. So that leads me inot my next curiosity.

Now that we are this supposedly better quality digital age. I know the radio stations are beginning to launch digital signals. So wont these analog tuners become extinct? Anyone know how much time we have? I'm assuming it is around 2009 when the TV networks are forced to broadcast in only digital signal.
kt_88
Actually guys I think most of you missed the original intent of the post. What I was curious aobut was the signal change from analog to digital. I know many large radio stations are gearing up to brodcast in digital. I know that the FCC is planning to gobble up all the analog stations in late 2009. So if analog is going to disappear in the near future. What whould be the point of buying an expensive analog tuner? It will just sit there and look pretty.

I will admitt that tuners seem to do an excellent job of presenting a sound stage. And I don't need to keep getting up to put on more music.
For some in-depth conversations on the digital vs. analog broadcast issue, go to the website, www.fmtunerinfo.com
Scroll down near the bottom of the home page and click on FM tuner forum. The tuner website also has some interesting specs on a lot of tuners plus some interesting reviews.
i don't know too much about high end stereo, but i remember the seqqura tuner fron the 70's if i spelled it right to be one of the best tuners.