This might just be the end of brick and mortar

stores. Music direct just announced there 60 day return policy.
taters
I have always interpreted MD's earlier 30-day policy as effectively an in-home demo, though I don't think I've ever tested it. My guess is the change to 60 days is to match Crutchfield. I doubt it will increase the volume of returns for them (30 days is generally enough to make a decision), but it may increase sales. Certainly makes me more inclined use them.
Muzikat,
Mind sharing who the online speaker seller is?
I think this information is valuable for future buyers.
"Taters, how you get "no questions asked" out of the return policy's actual language is beyond me."

Some people hate B&M stores so much, they'll say anything.

Back to the OP. Has anyone ever done business with MD? If you haven't, you'll find that its a very high pressure type of environment and the people that work there don't know much about audio. They probably need to offer a better return policy just because of their own incompetence.
Too many folks on here and who buy from the net are never happy and keep buying and selling at either big or small loses. To me, that's a waste of time and money.....but that's just me.
To ME, mistakes are an important ingredient in gaining valuable experience and knowledge. You will never learn anything new if afraid making mistakes.

I find the journey is as important and fun as the destination. It's so satisfying when everything clicks.

I always do my homework before purchases so don't cycle through gear very often. But this is a hobby and hobby do cost $$.

Too many components don't sound good together, but a great dealer will know what has synergy. In the end, I feel that I've saved a ton of money by getting what it right up front.
This is where experience from mistakes and successes will help in building a balance satisfying system.

If you don't have any experience, how do you know what you really like and not what B&M just sold you?

I personally pay the extra to the stores to get products that not only sound great, but great together.
Not me. I find most B&M are just audiophiles like myself with similiar amount of knowledge and experience. With the internet and audio shows, I don't need B&M.
"Most" is the key word and they "do" ask questions. Taters (sudz on AA forum), Did you actually read the policy?

- Music Direct offers a 60-day money back guarantee on most equipment/accessories (excluding fluids, pastes, aerosols and special order items, none of which are returnable).

We'll require an explanation for the return (defective, damaged, etc). Don't be surprised if we ask you some pretty detailed questions about the reason for your return. Hearing first hand what our customers are experiencing will enable us to provide you with the best possible service.

Returns will not be accepted without a Return Authorization #, or RMA# which must be obtained by phone or email. An RA must be obtained within 60 days of the purchase, and Music Direct must receive the package within 15 days of issuing the RA. Note that after 60 days all sales are final. Please write your RA# on the outside of the shipping box (not the product box). Failure to do this will delay the processing of your return. Your return package must include the following: a copy of your invoice, a note detailing the reason for the return, all original packing materials, including cables, power supplies, instructions, remote controls, warranty cards, etc. Your package must arrive in resalable condition. If these instructions are not followed your return will not be accepted.

If your return package is deemed acceptable after inspection, Music Direct will refund the purchase price of the returned item. Shipping costs will NOT be refunded. Return shipping costs are also the responsibility of the customer. Music Direct will absorb the shipping costs only in the case of defective merchandise (this does not include shipping costs for defective music titles, which is the responsibility of the customer). Please note that if defective merchandise proves to be non-defective upon inspection, or if Music Direct otherwise determines the customer is exercising chronic abuse of the return policy, the customer will be charged a re-stocking fee at Music Direct's discretion. Music Direct also reserves the right to impose a re-stocking fee at our discretion for any returned item that is damaged, cosmetically dinged or returned missing accessories. Also please note, if you received Free Shipping with your initial order and you returned the non-defective item, we will deduct the initial shipping fee from your refund. Any and all packages that are refused delivery and sent back to music direct without an RMA number will not be refunded the initial shipping charge and a restocking fee will be added to the return.