Norah Jones

I'm watching a live show on PBS right now and I have to ask myself, how does this girl write so much amazing music? I watched one of her live shows last year and was absolutely floored by her performance but most of all the sheer beauty of her music. Any fans out there? She truly flies under the radar considering her high level of talent as a songwriter and musician.
donjr
Donjr,
Flies under the radar?...I don't think so. I find her vastly overrated and boring. I have friends who agree and also friends who like her, but not in a passionate way. But no matter what you feel about her, she has received plenty of press, not the least of which was from professional audio reviewers using her music as a reference in reviews.
Have to agree that she is not really under the radar. Pretty much the entire world knows who she is. Still, I'm a fan. Not boring. Her first album is still her best. It's a classic fo sho.
She hardly wrote any of the music she sang to get famous. Mostly all covers. When she started insisting on performing the stuff she wrote, her career sank fast. I happen to like her first two records, but I can't stand her writing.
Roxy54, I agree with you; boring. Her breakthrough album puts me to sleep (literally) before the fourth song starts. I have yet to listen to it all the way through awake.