Lyra : World class service

There are a few manufacturers with world class service and commitment to the consumer. It's important that they be given the recognition and kudos they deserve . A couple of Sundays ago my Lyra Atlas cart committed suicide ( sad story) and in a state of depression I sent Lyra a mail and got a response on a Sunday evening. Japan time is 3.5 hrs ahead. Wow I was and remain impressed. The Atlas is now at the Lyra facility near Tokyo being given a makeover. Throughout this process Lyra ( Jonathan Carr and Stig Borge ) were thoroughly professional, prompt and courteous.
I wish there were more manufacturers like Lyra. I say this from past experience with another Japanese cart maker who refused to have
anything to do with a product they had manufactured.
I hope other Agoners with wonderful stories of great manufacturers will chime in with their experience .
Cheers
Pradeep
128x128sunnyboy1956
It's great to see manufacturers give such excellent service to their customers. Perhaps in the near future will be looking at another cartridge will definitely consider the Etna. Had a similar experience, when my 3 year old grandson modified my cartridge, and Peter at PBN came to my rescue. Thanks for the heads up. Enjoy the Music
Wow, I crunched my Lyra Titan i cantilever years ago and I was told they'd sell me a new one for $3500 for trading in the old
damaged one. I didn't think that was a good deal and I swore I'd never buy a Lyra again. The cantilevers on their cartridges aren't very strong. I switched to Ortofon and won't look back.
To be fair, cantilevers on all cartridges aren't very strong. I don't think their unwillingness to lose money because of your misfortune is grounds to label their customer service as bad. They are the (or among the) most helpful high end companies but there's a limit to what you can ask of a business.