B&K and Vandersteen Good match??

I am playing with some Vandersteen 2CEs again and have a B&k 1400 II and am waiting for a PT 3 to arrive. It occured to me that Vandersteens tend to be a little dark and my past experinece with B&K amps has shown them to be a little dark. Is this a possible bad matchup? Have not used a B&K preamp yet. Thanks
128x128geph0007
The great thing about that speaker is that it sounds very good with all kinds of amps. I have driven it with 28 tube watts and 300 SS watts. Still sounds great as long as the source and electronics are quality.
I have owned Vandersteen 2C's with B&K amplification and I did not like them together. As you say two darker sounding components don't match. They don't sound terrible but I ended up getting rid of the B&K stuff. I have heard Vandersteens with Audio Research tube amplification and they were a great match albeit at a higher cost. If they are in your price range....
Cannot afford that kind of gear Am in the Rotel, NAD,Denon, HK ,B&K world. Also considering a friends Von Schweikert VR 2s or Infinity Kappa 7.1s Thanks