Suggestions? Tubed linestage pre-amp??

Budget <$3500. Would prefer new but not ruling out newer used. Do not need a phono stage or DAC, so linestage (tubed not ss) - but don't want passive...need some gain.

Just starting to put together a short list. Looking to upgrade the Consonance Reference 50 pre I'm using. Hoping to find dealers allowing in-home audition or money back trial period.

On the list so far:
Doge 8 SCR
Eastern Electric Minimax
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium

Checked past threads to see if this might have been covered. Couldn't find it. If there's something relatively current I missed, do please point me to it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
128x128ghosthouse
An update...
In October, I had the opportunity to audition a JAS Bravo 1.1LE. This has a separate power supply and uses 12AX7 & 12AT7 tubes + a 5Z4P rectifier. This pre brought very nice musicality...a full, warm sound but seemed to give up too much resolution in my system. Subsequently, I was able to audition a used/re-tubed CJ 17LS pre running 4 newer JJ 6922 tubes. I almost bought this amp. Very nice heft to the sound with good detail and huge sound stage. BUT, ultimately, music just did not sound as good on it. In fact some of my favorite tracks sounded unpleasant. Not sure how else to describe things. As part of this (but not the full story) there was a sort of hardness to upper mid range. I went back and forth about keeping it. Went back to the Consonance Ref 50 (2 6H30s + 1 EZ80) with new EH gold pins in place of the stock Sovteks and all was right again. I had expected to really miss the CJ. That was not the case. PLUS - the EH gold pins (my dealer says the difference over the Sovteks is more than cosmetic and extends to internal build...I can't speak to this, just repeating what I was told) brought a tight and deeper bottom end. Much of what I wanted from an upgrade came with this tube switch...maybe the Sovteks were getting a little long in the tooth. Don't really thinks so, but have to consider the possibility. At any rate, decided to stick with the Cyber 50 and I've been enjoying the music ever since. Are there better pre amps out there? Certainly. Am I motivated at this time to hunt one down that works with my system...not so much. Things are really sounding great. Just switched out MA-1 ICs (pre to mono blocks) for MA-3s obtained via Morrow Audio's trade up program so expect more sonic goodness is on its way as these settle in. Thanks to all who made suggestions and offered input.
Ghost- I am not surprised by your observations with the products with tubed power supplies. For whatever reason, there is something magical dimensionally with tube rectifiers. If you end up with a product using the EZ80, the Amperex Bugle Boy is incredible .... And very cheap on ebay even if used. They last very very long.
Hey Jafox - I didn't think about the CJ not being tube rectified (I believe I am correct on this and that this is your point) whereas the JAS Bravo and the Consonance Ref 50 are (the Ref 50 uses an EZ80).

I'll look around for some Amperex and see how that goes. I did try an NOS EZ80 (can't recall brand) and it had a really weird effect like the music got all disembodied or something. Stuff seemed to be floating around. Too much of a good thing I suppose. Thanks for your input. Maybe one of these days I'll find an Aesthetix to audition but for right now...very happy.
Ghosthouse-

If you like Conrad - Johnson gear, you owe it to yourself to audition the Aesthetix line of electronics. Do not buy anything until, you may have a missed-opportunity!

More importantly, which cables/power cords do you plan to use/own? Have fun and Happy listening!