Progressive talk

I'm into the german krautrock and some people call it german progressive rock. Is there any difference or these are just two common things.
Any input from progressive and krautrock addicts is appreciated.
128x128marakanetz
Be sure to come to Progday in Chapel Hill NC in September if you want see Kraan, one of the many fine Krautrock bands from the 70's.
Progressive rock= DREAM THEATER. they are the best in the business no band comes close to their ability and song writing skills Also their is a greman progressive rock band called VANDEN PLAS which is very good also. But Dream Theater is the best and they take what yes and rush did to an entirely diffrent level great vocals and fins musicianship. Listen to some sound clips at www.cdnow.com
Nothing for sale, I only acquire. I've lived coast to coast including ny and colorado among others. Actually, it was a music professer from the university that kind of steered me towards that full tilt, as opposed to moderate interest.
All those albums are definately available though, it's just a matter of the prices for them and their erratic nature; take can for example. Some of their stuff is real good but some of those albums w/ damo singing were mediocre at best. Geez, the story w/ that guy and why he was in the group was amazing. Same w/ cluster and they were a group that seemingly had more offshoot solo albums from those guys than actual cluster albums.
Some of those neu and michael rother albums are worth having as well as grobschnitt. Actually, they all are decent enough and what other region has done a better job w/ progressive since?
There were tons more english bands doing similar things during that timeframe and not just groups like king crimson and yes--try the gentle giant/matching mole/early soft machine/henry cow/etc.
I actually have some videos of these kinds of german groups and they were definately solid players with interesting ideas that was definately out of synch with what I consider the garbagio the record companies pushed in the U.S. from say 75 forwards. I tend to think you have similar feelings since amon duul is not a name you hear thrown around every day.
Nothing for sale, I only acquire. I've lived coast to coast including ny and colorado among others. Actually, it was a music professer from the university that kind of steered me towards that full tilt, as opposed to moderate interest.
All those albums are definately available though, it's just a matter of the prices for them and their erratic nature; take can for example. Some of their stuff is real good but some of those albums w/ damo singing were mediocre at best. Geez, the story w/ that guy and why he was in the group was amazing. Same w/ cluster and they were a group that seemingly had more offshoot solo albums from those guys than actual cluster albums.
Some of those neu and michael rother albums are worth having as well as grobschnitt. Actually, they all are decent enough and what other region has done a better job w/ progressive since?
There were tons more english bands doing similar things during that timeframe and not just groups like king crimson and yes--try the gentle giant/matching mole/early soft machine/henry cow/etc.
I actually have some videos of these kinds of german groups and they were definately solid players with interesting ideas that was definately out of synch with what I consider the garbagio the record companies pushed in the U.S. from say 75 forwards. I tend to think you have similar feelings since amon duul is not a name you hear thrown around every day.
Yep, the same thing I would say "Nothing for sale" or trade. These early CAN, Amon Duul records will die with me. I can also say that Gentle Giant and VanDerGraaf Generator are also in my "gourmet kitchen".
I do strongly believe that these bands didn't and currently don't give a $hit about being in synch with US record companies in the favor of producing their own designed work.