which preamp

I am looking for a tube sounding preamp but solid state!
can anyone recommend any preamps that have those trates
smokenjo
What are your requirements in terms of ergonomics? McIntosh ss is oftentimes called tube-like and has plenty of bells and whistles.

Above recommendations are very good, and I'm also wondering why not a tube pre? Are you concerned with impedance matching with your amps?t

I have a Lamm LL2 I'm delighted with, which has been basically non-maintenence. Of course, ergonomically it's pretty low on the list, but that's not high on my list.
Smokenjo,
I believe that you'll find a SS preamp that will make you happy, however it won't sound like a good tube preamp. They're just different and should be.
Have to agree with Syntax. If you truly desire tube performance you need a tube preamp.
Charles,
I noticed Elevick mention Sumo, the Athena or Athena II (same preamp)is warm and rich, one of the nicest inexpensive preamps around, the Electra was fairly accurate, but could get gritty on top, it needed parts changes, the Electra plus was a bit overly smooth for my taste and was not as detailed ad the Athena or Electra.
I'm not sure what price range that you are chasing, these are inexpensive pre's, any could be had under $400.... No Remotes, single ended only.... a few Athena II had the balanced option. Not sure what your after, thought I'd chime and hope this helps.
Tim