Mid life crisis yields open check from the wife.

Well not exactly, but have I've been granted permission to invest $10K into anything I want. So, my choice is to upgrade my McIntosh MA6500 integrated amp and Monitor Audio GR20 speakers.
So, the only criteria is another integrated amp( I'm leaning towards tubes with phono stage) and possibly monitor size speakers. Used.
I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you could come up with. Thanks in advance.
markeetaux
Almarg, How do I delete a new thread?
It wasn't me who suggested that you do so.

Also, I suspect that the only way in which that can be done, at least once others have posted responses, is to email the moderators (via the Help menu at the top of the home page) and ask them to either delete one of the threads, or possibly to merge the two.

Regards,
-- Al
I have Monitor Audio PL200 (had Silver 5i, RX6, and GX200) and find them to be a fantastic product. That said, I have also been recently impressed with the Focal Aria floor standers.

If the Mac has a pre out, you could keep it (use as a pre, of course) and buy a used Pass X250 or X150.5 and have a KILLER set-up, under-budget.
How about a devialet integrated amp? There's a bunch of them on here right now at very good prices and pretty much considered world class by many.
I posted my response on the other thread. I assumed it was something like that. Just hard to follow when there are two going, lol.