Pictures for an ad

Granted, it probably is safe. But I always find it amazing when sellers shoot pictures of their items by placing them on the carpeted floor on their FACE and then on their rear side. Odd. Honestly, just set it on a frickin' counter!

Check out the recent Theta Compli ad.
tgyeti
It goes to how well you imagine the person takes care of their equipment.

I always insist on pictures (close-ups) of the seller's teeth. If they don't take care of their teeth, do you really think they'll take of their equipment?

I also like to pictures of their lawn. In my experience a well kept lawn -- a well kept stereo rig!

I also ask for pictures of the family. If the kid(s) look unruly or even a little radical, then no will buy. If you can't properly raise a kid, then what are the chances of maintaining a turntable.

Records of auto maintenance are extremely useful in judging a potential seller. IMO a man who rotates his tires every 8,000 miles is a man who can be trusted.

Finally, if after all this info I'm still a little unsure about buying from someone I give them the opportunity to write a 400 word essay on the subject of "Why Should I Buy Anything From Them".

Once I have all the requested info I can then start the negotiation on price. You just can't be to picky about who you buy used audio equipment from on the internet.
Onhway,

Good list :).

I would also request finger prints of the kids to verify that they have not touched the equipment. Might as well as request hair samples from the pets.