Major upgrade from Rega Apollo: Which one?

I want to upgrade from my Rega Apollo. Have narrowed my choices down to either a Cambridge 840C; a Sony XA 5400ES, and an Arcam CD-37. Looking to improve bass, eliminate midrange glare, get smoother, cleaner highs.

Have considered an Ayre CX-7emp2, but used ones are about $2500, and to upgrade a basic CX-7( Ayre's first offering) to its latest version costs $900.00. I welcome any suggestions.

NOTE: NOT INTERESTED IN COMPUTER AUDIO, OR BUYING $1000 PLUS DAC WHICH I HAVE BEEN INFORMED WILL offer LITTLE TO NO IMPROVEMENT in sound OVER THE APOLLO'S INBOARDed DAC.
sunnyjim
Sunnyjim,

Apollo is a terrific transport. The advice for an external DAC transforming your souce end is solid. The Mircomega DAC you mention is a great buy in that new price range. Do it man.
Hegel HD 11 an excellent DAC, much better than many ou there,
Just no very well know in the US.
Super
I'm using the Oppo 105 and can say it sounds quite good.
I'm back with the vaunted BAT VK-300SE and finally have music again (after a five year wait).
At this point, the 105 isn't as glorious as my former Apollo but this may be due to its newness.
Also, I may have some bargain basement tubes in the 300SE.
The "good stuff" (30 year old Reflector 6H30s) sell for $600 per matched pair.
Somebody Puleeeeeze buy my Hydra (please, pretty please...)
To Mountainsong, Unfortunately the Hegel DAC is too expensive, and I can't be certain of how much improvement it will offer in my system

To Celtic66, To day, I have heard from members and one or two online dealer that the MM "My DAC" will make little difference in the sound of the Apollo because the Apollo DAC is very good and superior Therefore as Pat70 and Mountainsong have suggested the Hegel HD-11 may be the answer. Do you know if there is something better tham MM "My DAC", but not as expensive as the Hegel?? Thanks