Von Schweikert VR-2's

Has anyone heard the new VSA speakers that were released this year? If so, how do they compare to the rest of the line, especially the VR-4s?
smccull
PARC - Parametric Adaptive Room Compensation. It's designed to deal with bass modes. In some rooms, and particularly the hotel rooms at the Westin with solid plaster walls the room dimensions are not optimal and it can reinforce certain bass frequencies causing the bass to sound boomy and the midrange unclear. This is not the fault of the equipment, but the interaction with the room. One room at HE 2003 had 10 x 20 x 30 dimensions. It doesn't take much to figure out this will be a big problem. It had a 16 db bump at 114 Hz--almost unlistenable without the PARC. Great equipment in that room--but the room was the problem--not the equipment.

There is a forthcoming review of the PARC in the July issue of Stereophile. Until then, you can get more information on the PARC on our website.
I listen to VR'2 at a friend house, the gear he is using,
monoblock VTL 5k, tube cd player I think it concidence
sorry guys ( Iam just guessing on the name of the cd),
The cd has a wooden cover on top, pre amp Bel canto,
wiring all audience a24, The sound is incredible,
3D holographic sound is intoxicating,imaging world class
soundstage huge......, I think this speaker is as good
as the audiophysics virgo,they have both disappearing
act.The palpability is close to my andra 15k specially,
when we replace the Bel canto with my audio art pre amp,
For $2500 this speaker is a winner, if you cant afford
5k plus speaker this VR2 is a good choice.Dont pay attention
what you heard in the show. Its a good speaker.
Thanks everyone. We have a dealer here in the ATL and he's got some in stock. I'm gonna give them a listen next week. You might see my Silverline Sonatas up for sale soon. :-)
I agree that the VR2 has good imaging and soundstaging, HOWEVER, I, like many others before me, have mentioned time and again that the bass is muddy and boomy relative to everything else. (The VR series is slower/less clear than the new Quad L series of this price range--if you like the VR series, try the Quads!)

It's a nice sounding speaker, but it's not worth more than its asking price. I have heard *many* speakers that outdo it at that price. At the top of my mind, the Odyssey Lorelei at the HE 2003 show this past weekend sounded fantastic!! It's the prestigious German made $7.5k Symphonic Legato cloned for the US market, btw.
I am a VSA DB-100 owner. For 6k it is the bargain of the VSA selection. I recognize it is a step up in price but I am shocked I never see it mentioned in Audiogon despite superior reviews. Having a 100db efficient speaker allows so much flexibility.

Don't allow horns to affect your opinions of this speaker before hearing it. Excellent bass and shockingly transparent. Plus, speakers like these don't force you into megawatt territory. My 42 watts in triode is more than enough.

They're only downside is their pedestrian appearance. But for me I'd rather have they're money put into the sound.