Von Schweikert VR-2's

Has anyone heard the new VSA speakers that were released this year? If so, how do they compare to the rest of the line, especially the VR-4s?
smccull
The VR-2 is an amazing speaker. My 15wpc Cary SEI drives them with authority. The bass response is outstanding, and the musicality is pure. AVS himself wrote me a note stating that when the VR-2's are driven with SET's, the sound can favorably compete with his larger models driven with 200wpc SS amplification.
I would be truly stunned if any speaker under $10K could better the all-around performance level of the VR-2. They are uniquely special.
For reference, other manufacturers products I've owned or auditioned: Triangle,Silverline,Coincident,Thiel,Soliloquy,ProAc,Linn, Revel.
Now I personally wouldn't go so far as to say that they better every speaker under $10k, but they most certainly compete favorably in the $5k range and for their asking price of $2,500 they are an absolute bargain. Dynamic as hell, 3D soundstage, transparent, detailed and smooth and easy to drive. Sounds like a winner to me. My nearly two year search for the right speaker for the right price ended 2 seconds after I heard them. My pair in African Hazelwood is on order. Personally I think the rear firing tweeter (ambience retrieval system) was not necessary but some may like it and if you dont you can always turn it all the way off. This should be a BIG seller.
I agree with DMA. We are working with Von Schwiekert on other projects, but I have heard these and I am extremely impressed with performance/price ratio. I think Albert and Kevin are really making things happen from an engineering perspective at this company. It's so much harder to make a great affordable speaker--and I emphasize affordable.
I also agree with Dma except that I think that the rear ambient speaker is awesome. You adjust it according to how big your room is (totally up to your tastes) and you can get imaging like nothing I have ever heard in a speaker in it's price range. The soundstage is huge and best of all there is no sweet spot. You can walk around the room and the imaging does not collapse. I have had mine (in dark cherry) for two months now and am very satisfied. Just remember to fill the cavity with sand (line them with a small garbage bag so if the sand has any moisture it won't mold the inside of your speaker) or lead shot and give them 100 to 300 hours to break in properly.