Entry-level speakers

Hi, I'm just starting out on a decent system. My source is a music hall mmf-5, and I'm considering the PSB Image 4Ts. In about 15 months I'll be moving away to college, and needless to say, I probably won't have a huge listening room. Until then, I'll be listening in my current bedroom which must be about 350 ft^2. Does anyone have an opinion on the 4Ts ability to fill a large room and sound decent in a cramped room? Would the 5/6/7 Ts be overkill? I like the 1Bs, but there's so little bass, and they sound small. I've also heard some B&Ws, Vandersteens, and Martin Logans...each of which sounded good, but probably wouldn't be practical for me. Are there any other speakers I should listen to? Other than space requirements, my only other major limitation is money. I have saved up about 10 thousand and I'd like to use roughly 15 hundred to two thousand on my system (speakers, amp, cables, etc). Thanks in advance for any help.
boxingnun
A pair of tannoy saturn s8lr would fill the bill nicely and fit the budget. While tannoy sound takes some getting use to, I enjoy there imaging, sense of dynamics, and non fatiguing sound. Couple them with a good tube integrated (stingray, jolida, golden sound, used arc ca50 and you will have glorious sound for the money
Clueless.... I saw the pictures posted re your Jordan speakers. I have a soldering iron but a woodshop is another thing altogether.

Carolina has done quite a bit of work with the damping and tapering. They also add a lot of pieces to angle off the corners in the line for a smoother flow. The finish is then quite exceptional.

As a basic speaker from the plans if you have the where-with-all to do it is quite a deal and a good sounding speaker.

Carolina's little T-line monitor with the Jordan is quite something as well.

That Ella kit looks good... I'd love to have an EL34 amp around.... nice to hear that it is a good combination with the Jordan driver.

If you get a chance check out that little kit I mentioned. very cool and cheap.
I would recommend you audition the Energy Connisour C-1. Absolutely fantastic loudspeaker for small/mediun sized room. An audio bargain for I believe $300 retail. I've owned the Spendor S3/5(Superb loudspeaker), Harbeth's, JM Labs, Kef's, PSB's and I personally find the C-1 superior to them all.