monitor w/ bass?

Any recomendations on a 2-way bookshelf/monitor speaker that has decent bass response. I would use them with a mid power solid state integrated amp.
mattman
Assuming you're not going to actually put them on a bookshelf and are just looking for a small speaker, I'd recommend the Dynaudio Contour 1.1. You can get them for $1600 retail, about $900 used. You'll want a good 80-100 watts per channel, but they're easy to place and sound great on a wide range of music. You could get the 1.3 MkII's for about $1500 used, and they may perform better depending on your situation, though I don't have any personal experience with them. I have the 1.1's in a small 2nd room system and couldn't be happier. -Kirk
My Soliloquy 5.0's produce a lot of bass, driven by a Bryston B60 (60 watts into 8 ohms). They are excellent speakers for the price (about 900 w/o stands). They are also pretty efficient -- I haven't ever cranked the B60 past 1 o'clock on the dial (yet).

I've also heard impressive bass from Totem speakers, especially for the size, but I didn't like the overall presentation of the Arros, the Model 1, or the Staaf (all quite different from each other). Of course it's all a matter of taste.
I don't think that you can find a better monitor, with a more satisfying bass response than the Coincident Triumph Signature. That is, of all the monitors that fall within your budget. The Sig's are $1100 new.
If you're looking for a deep, tight and dynamic bass from a small package, you definately consider Platinum Audio Solos. They are hard to find used, but you would be surprised at their full range sound. The bottom end is simply amazing and overall I would consider them one of the best mini-monitors on the market.