monitor w/ bass?

Any recomendations on a 2-way bookshelf/monitor speaker that has decent bass response. I would use them with a mid power solid state integrated amp.
mattman
Check out the Castle line of speakers. They make a small two way that sells for about $5 - 600 that sounds quite nice and amazingly full for its' size. Unfortunately, i can't recall the exact model name that i was thinking of. This might be TOO CHEAP for what you are looking to spend, but i would not rule them out against others that do cost more. Sean
>
No I'm not going to put them on a bookshelf. I was using the term bookshelf as a general discription of the kind of speaker I'm looking for. I have Lovan speaker stands. Next time I'll say stand mounted instead of bookshelf.
Assuming you're not going to actually put them on a bookshelf and are just looking for a small speaker, I'd recommend the Dynaudio Contour 1.1. You can get them for $1600 retail, about $900 used. You'll want a good 80-100 watts per channel, but they're easy to place and sound great on a wide range of music. You could get the 1.3 MkII's for about $1500 used, and they may perform better depending on your situation, though I don't have any personal experience with them. I have the 1.1's in a small 2nd room system and couldn't be happier. -Kirk
My Soliloquy 5.0's produce a lot of bass, driven by a Bryston B60 (60 watts into 8 ohms). They are excellent speakers for the price (about 900 w/o stands). They are also pretty efficient -- I haven't ever cranked the B60 past 1 o'clock on the dial (yet).

I've also heard impressive bass from Totem speakers, especially for the size, but I didn't like the overall presentation of the Arros, the Model 1, or the Staaf (all quite different from each other). Of course it's all a matter of taste.