monitor w/ bass?

Any recomendations on a 2-way bookshelf/monitor speaker that has decent bass response. I would use them with a mid power solid state integrated amp.
mattman
No monitor is really going to be able to give you a "full-range" response but can be very satisfying musically nonetheless. Are you really going to put them on a bookshelf? If so, there are other considerations, such as porting configuration. Any monitor that goes very low is going to be ported, and many/most will be rear-ported - NOT what you want on a shelf. While many of these choices are capable of producing some satisfying low-end, they need to be positioned to do so. How you plan to position and support them will also influence your choices. What are you thinking?
Check out the Castle line of speakers. They make a small two way that sells for about $5 - 600 that sounds quite nice and amazingly full for its' size. Unfortunately, i can't recall the exact model name that i was thinking of. This might be TOO CHEAP for what you are looking to spend, but i would not rule them out against others that do cost more. Sean
>
No I'm not going to put them on a bookshelf. I was using the term bookshelf as a general discription of the kind of speaker I'm looking for. I have Lovan speaker stands. Next time I'll say stand mounted instead of bookshelf.
Assuming you're not going to actually put them on a bookshelf and are just looking for a small speaker, I'd recommend the Dynaudio Contour 1.1. You can get them for $1600 retail, about $900 used. You'll want a good 80-100 watts per channel, but they're easy to place and sound great on a wide range of music. You could get the 1.3 MkII's for about $1500 used, and they may perform better depending on your situation, though I don't have any personal experience with them. I have the 1.1's in a small 2nd room system and couldn't be happier. -Kirk
My Soliloquy 5.0's produce a lot of bass, driven by a Bryston B60 (60 watts into 8 ohms). They are excellent speakers for the price (about 900 w/o stands). They are also pretty efficient -- I haven't ever cranked the B60 past 1 o'clock on the dial (yet).

I've also heard impressive bass from Totem speakers, especially for the size, but I didn't like the overall presentation of the Arros, the Model 1, or the Staaf (all quite different from each other). Of course it's all a matter of taste.